𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. touching toothbrushes

ix . - TOUCHING TOOTHBRUSHES
🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️ ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶
˗ˏˋ about you, and only you ˎˊ˗

  -  TOUCHING TOOTHBRUSHES 🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️                  ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶˗ˏˋ   about you, and only you   ˎˊ˗

JANE CAN'T BREATHE. It had been hours since Peter left her in his room, hours since he'd said he'd return so they could talk about her dad. Though, she didn't blame him for taking so long, not even a little.

It's not like she didn't know where he was.

She was watching him, on the news specifically. A news helicopter getting live footage of Spider-Man holding a ferry together. Jane watched without taking a breath, her hands shaking like leaves as she watched. The red and blue hero was struggling, feating a task he'd never attempted before. This was more than a test of Spider-Man strength, and he was losing.

Spider-Man was losing.

Jane felt selfish for not giving a single care for any of the passengers on the ferry. That's who Peter was protecting, she knew that. But she only cared about Peter right now, her heart ached for the boy. He was struggling, with so many things at once and he wasn't getting the back up he needed from the big time superhero's.

Peter was all she cared about. And right now, she was like every other average Joe. She could only watch Spider-Man from the other side of a screen.

At least her webbing was holding up.

And right before a tear finds it's way out of her eyes in fear for the boy she loved (loved? woah there, slow it down), the tides change for the webslinger.

The two split sides of the ferry begins to move inward, the way Spider-Man was pulling. But it was too fluid, too easy, for it to actually be Spider-Man. And by the way Spider-Man is looking around in complete and utter confusion, it isn't his moral compass and will that's pulling the boat together.

It's Iron Man.

"Previously on Peter screws the pooch: I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do." Tony berates, boiling with anger at the child sitting in front of him. Tony can't believe himself for once, wondering what drugs he was on to think one kid was mature enough to handle this kind of responsibility.

That Peter - could handle this responsibility.

Peter knows he screwed up, he does. It's obvious that this wasn't his biggest and brightest idea. But he had to go, he doesn't regret getting on the ferry or doing what he did. It's not fair to blame it on Peter, when he wasn't the one trading laser guns on a boat. "Is everyone okay?" He asks quietly.

"No thanks to you." Tony retorts.

And that's seemingly the final straw. "No thanks to me?" He exclaims, slides off the edge of the building aggressively and moves up to the armored man. He's not quite as tall and he kinda looks like a little kid looking up to Iron Man; but he can't believe after everything he's done, Tony still thinks he's completely helpless. "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it. But you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me."