𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. words of wisdom

xiv. - WORDS OF WISDOM
🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️ ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶
˗ˏˋ think it in my head, then it happens ˎˊ˗

    -     WORDS OF WISDOM🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️            ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶˗ˏˋ think it in my head, then it happens  ˎˊ˗

RARELY WAS HER HOME QUIET. Even on evenings like these ones, where she burned through the day with meetings and phone calls that she spent her alone time signing grants, approving experiments in other departments, and looking over the data from her own charts. It was a miracle that she didn't burn out, that she didn't grow tired of her scientific adoration.

But science would continue to amaze her, and it was her anchor for the time being. Even when it seemed the world was crumbling around her, Jane could always shut the door and create a colorful puff of chemicals that made her giggle with excitement.

She hadn't gotten a chance to change clothes from her outfit of the day. A neat and professional dress that has two slits for her arms, an adorable pair of funky heels, short but unique in their shape. And to add a bit of spice, she added a matching beret and chunky retro pearl white earrings. When she thought of her muse, she pictured Jackie Kennedy. So still in her clothes, she didn't mind, it made her feel powerful. It made her feel like she was worthy of her professional title. Her badge was resting on her desk, head of stark science department engraved below her name. The promotion was new, but the job was the same. It wasn't like her input was disregarded before. Jane was easily one of the brightest minds Stark Industries had, and now she had the clearance to match.

So while she worked, music played lowly behind her. Her music taste was a collision of those around her. Natasha's fast tempo empowering rock, some of Steve's favorite oldies and soul songs, Bruce even had a few classic rock songs on her playlist. She added her own touch as per usual, love songs and indie, R&B dotted in. It was a collage of everything that was Jane, plus a few songs stolen from some of Peter's playlist that Jane felt deserved a spot. Some songs ensued dancing in the lab, Jane teaching Bruce some of the dances she saw on TikTok. Some songs simply took her breath away, some she sang so loud other employees now brought headphones to work to block her out.

But now she just hummed, quietly and methodically as she worked, pen gliding elegantly in her smooth cursive.

And then there was a knock on her door. It wasn't rushed, and it was calm. Her heart only jumped for a second, before shaking the irrational anxiety away from her mind. Finishing a signature, she clicked closed the pen and got up from her seat. Finally at a stopping point, she removed her shoes and hat and smoothed down her hair for whoever was stopping by.

Toulouse, her now two year old rescue hound, was already waiting at the door with a wagging tail. With her foot, she slid the pup back a few feet before standing on her toes to see through the peephole.

Steve Rogers was waiting patiently.

Furrowing her brows, she unlatched the two locks and peeled open the door and leaned into the opening. "Steve, hey... I wasn't expecting you."