𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄. a suit of armor

xii. - A SUIT OF ARMOR
🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️ ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶
˗ˏˋ i'm in love with all your charm ˎˊ˗

    -     A SUIT OF ARMOR🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️                  ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶˗ˏˋ  i'm in love with all your charm  ˎˊ˗

TONY WONDERED WHAT PETER WAS DREAMING ABOUT. The kid was in the deepest kind of r.e.m sleep, full-on drooling, mumbling about pink dresses and someone with a J name. Sleep like that, you woke up and didn't know what year it was. And Tony also wondered how on God's earth Peter was comfortable. He was laid out across three hospital chairs, the armrests digging into his side and his knees, head hanging above the ground, dangling above the trash can for his drool to drop into.

Peter had been at the hospital all weekend, changed into a pair of sweats and a midtown tech long sleeve that Aunt May had brought him. His hair was wet, almost spikey looking after his most recent shower again thanks to Aunt May and her stash of hotel bottles of shampoo and conditioner she stole and brought to Peter. She had to come to terms with Peter not coming back until Jane did- so she made it work.

Technically, this was the first real sleep Peter had gotten in three days, and Tony kinda felt bad about waking him up.

Kinda.

The billionaire smacked Peter's feet, knocking them off their chair and slamming into the ground- Peter nearly jumping out of his skin as he frantically crawled away from the demon who'd woken him up- tumbling off the edge of the seat and onto the hospital floor with a grunt.

Tony seated himself. "Morning."

Scrambling to his feet, shaking out the drops of water still stuck to his hair and dusting off his pants, he let out a breath. "Mr - Mr. Stark. You're- you're here. Why- why are you here?"

Tony shrugged, leaning back comfortably, crossing one leg over the other as Peter cautiously took the one beside him. "My Sunday was free, thought I'd drop in."

"Oh."

Tony looked to Peter, eyes on the ground before eve that lifting to meet the teenager's nervous gaze. "You okay, kid?"

Peter let out a breath, eyes floating down the blindingly white hallway ahead of him, the door to room 312 still closed and darkness behind it. He never liked hospitals to begin with, so he didn't exactly enjoy spending days here in a row. But it was for Jane, so it didn't really matter anymore. "Uh... she's asleep. Doctors said she was lucky to be alive."

Tony nodded.

"Broke her leg in three places, shattered her kneecap, and seventeen stitches in her side. They said it's probably gonna scar." He admitted, almost shamefully.

He felt Tony's hand on his back supportively. "She's tough. Gotta be, to handle you all the time."

"It was my fault she was there."