𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. a ruined mets jersey

vii. -- A RUINED METS JERSEY
🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️ ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶
˗ˏˋ don't wanna wait for tonight, so i'm daydreamin' ˎˊ˗

 -- A RUINED METS JERSEY🕊 ↳ ˚ ✧ ☁️                 ∵ ☽ ↶ 🕸 ✶˗ˏˋ don't wanna wait for tonight, so i'm daydreamin' ˎˊ˗

STARING AT THE FRESH AND EVIDENT CRACK forming along the side of the historical monument, Peter stands frazzled. "No, no, no, no, no, no. Karen, what's going on up there?" He breaths out heavily.

"The chitauri core has detonated and caused severe structural damage to the elevator."

A grid flashes in front of Peter's eyes, the walls of the monument practically fading away in theory, red figures clumped in the middle. An x-ray. He sighs, noting about six or so people in the center elevator, and one or so rushing out from where they were on ground level. He sees two iconic figures, the irreplaceable Ned Leeds and small body beside him.

Jane Watson.

"Oh no." He whispers low enough, barely able to hear himself.

"My friends are up there!" A voice calls from behind him, making him whip around. He spots Michelle, worry evident across her face as she stares at the cracking building. His hero instincts kick in, almost overpowered by his nerves.

"Uh... don't worry... ma'am. Everything is - is gonna be okay." He twists back around, head leaning back as he cowers at the utter height of the monument. "Oh my god, that's tall." Peter whispers nervously. What did anyone need a slab of concrete that tall for? He sticks to the side, resting his grip before scaling along the wall, feeling several eyes glued to him from the shrinking ground.

An illuminated, red crack cuts across the elevator ceiling.

Breathing in and out slowly, as if performing a yoga routine, Liz Allen attempts at a pitiful moment of helpfulness. "Stay calm, everyone."

Jane nodded. Cool! She felt all better now.

Abe curled in his arms tighter. "Oh god, we are all going to die here." He mumbled.

Jane whipped her head to him angrily, "Shut up! No - no, we're not! Just - stop - stop panicking." She tried to order, her voice failing her as she backs into the corner of the elevator. "We're fine. Someone has to be coming." She says, mostly trying to convince herself.

Michelle peers up at Spider-Man, still climbing on the monument like a bug. The hero has gotten so high that he's merely a dot seen from below.

Like a spider on a wall.

"Estimating 10 minutes before catastrophic failure."

From inside, Charles is being very helpful. "Guys, we are so freakin' screwed."