003. . . l.o.v.e.

(

( . . 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬; 𝐶𝐻 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫   L.O.V.E / 情 - 爱- 春心
━━━━━
"Anything you like, boy you know it's on me, Been a minute since I tasted something so sweet—"

MULAN HAD ALWAYS BEEN ALONE. Seeing hundreds of years pass and never aging made it hard to stay in one place, build relationships, even ponder the choice of having a lover. She never allowed herself to make serious connections or get too attached so she grew lonely. So for Mulan to meet Bucky was a change of pace. A good, beautiful change. With all the living she's done she truly felt alive just being in his presence.

It was the sunset walk home after their forth date, hand and hand, practically conjoined to each other's side. The conversation was intimately animated which was odd for the pair. Mulan could never really get close to anyone to share any part of her true self, and Bucky only talked to his family, mainly Rebecca, and Steve, and sure there were the guys from his boxing gym but he found them more as colleagues than anything. There was comfort between the two that they didn't know they needed.

"This Steve of yours sounds like a trouble maker huh?" Mulan questioned.

"Yeah but he's my best friend, we've been through too much together for me to back out of our friendship anyway," He jokingly replied causing her to giggle.

"He seems very sweet from the conversation we shared, I'd love to talk to him again!" She chimed in. Bucky was shocked, all his past "girlfriends" had either made fun of, been rude to, or ignored Steve, thus causing Bucky to end the "relationship". For Mulan to be respectful and joyful towards Steve made his feelings for her increase by millions.

He stopped walking which caused her to be tugged back from their hands being interlocked and gave him a questioning gaze, silently asking what's wrong. "Why'd you have to be so cute, love?" Bucky breathed taking a pause, "It's impossible to ignore you, and the things I'm feeling-- just this connection, please don't tell me it's only one-sided." He almost begged, showing rare vulnerability.

Mulan moved to cup his face, fingertips running through his short brown locks, lightly grazing his scalp. "Mr. James Barnes, if you think I don't like you, you must be the dumbest man in Brooklyn-" She ridiculed back only to be cut off with, "I'd really love to kiss you right now."

"Whatcha waiting for then," She hinted back. His lips softly attached to hers as he leaned forward, inching his hand down her waist to the small of her back, eyes coming to a close. Her hands dropped from the sides of his face to wrap around his neck, pulling him in closer. Mulan felt the slight growing stubble on his cheeks as the feelings sparked between them. A moment passes then he lightly caught her bottom lip in between his teeth while pulling away for air, nudging his nose with hers before resting place his forehead on hers. "Well I'll be damned," She lowly breathed out causing Bucky to let out a chuckle. It was that moment on the sidewalk they would never want to let go of.