010. . . i'll see you soon

(

( . . 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬; 𝐶𝐻 𝑇𝐸𝑁 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
I'LL SEE YOU SOON / 一會兒見
━━━━━
" Breathe deep, breathe clear Know that I'm here, know that I'm here, Waiting, Stay strong, stay gold
You don't have to fear, you don't have to fear, Waiting, I'll see you soon, I'll see you soon— "

THE WINTER OF 1945 WAS A BRUTAL COLD THAT FORCED EVERYONE TO LAYER UPON THEIR CLOTHING ANS SHIVER FROM THEIR LACK OF WARMTH AND MULAN WAS NOT A FAN. She was a small woman and would rattle like a leaf every time a chilling breeze passed by. Everyone laughed at just how cold she could feel as she usually wore Bucky's dark blue coat on top of her own two coats she would have on. As much as she despised their teasing, being surrounded by Peggy and the Commandos felt like a big family reunion enjoying the company of one another when they can.

In the passing weeks, Mulan, Steve, and the Howling Commandos took down base after base, shooting guns after guns, recording videos of their progress, and sharing laughs after laughs. Spending all her time surrounded by challenging weather and violence wasn't a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end but it could've been a lot worse, so she kept going about her days. Mulan also made Bucky call Rebecca back to stop her worrying about her not-so-dead brother. What could go wrong?

Mulan and the group of men were now settled at their resting camp for the night after traveling all day. Dugan was busy setting up the fire, Falsworth was taking out some food from his pack, and Gabe and Jacques were laughing about something in French while everyone else were setting up their tents. Mulan was about to beg Dugan to hurry up with starting the fire when it finally lit and she sighed in delight and moved closer. "And there you have it Fa, patience is key!" Dugan spoke with pride.

She blew in her hands before she spoke, "Patience is going to turn me into a popsicle."

"Oh don't be all grumpy because your body refuses to store heat!" Steve yelled out from the other side of the camp.

"I will be actually. Look at you all snug as a rug while I have to suffer. I think it's sexist." Mulan retorted.

"You saying the cold is sexist?" Gabe smirked.

"Do you agree?"Mulan questioned and just as Gabe was about to start an arguement with her Bucky came over and sat behind Mulan. With his arms wrapped around her shoulders, she sat back in his warm embrace.

"Alright, I'm stopping you both from debating again for the sake of all of us here." Bucky declared which made everyone else erupt in "Thank you" as Gabe and Mulan narrowed their eyes at each other.

They all decided to get to bed in preparation for their early morning tomorrow to get back to the base and all the camp was asleep except Bucky. Ever since he got back into physical contact with Mulan it was harder for him to not touch her. Whether it was fixing her hair, squeezing her hand, or resting a his palm on the small of her back, he needed her touch. It was like a stabilizer for him. She kept him grounded.