002 . . . fast cars

(

( . . 𝐴𝐶𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸; 𝐶𝐻 𝑇𝑊𝑂 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
FAST CARS / 快车

It's safe to say Mulan Fa did not know what she was doing. For the past few decades in her life, she never opened her shell up to anyone besides the Starks or Peggy Carter of course. Mulan wasn't upset about not being emotionally available, we should know by now the reasoning behind that. Her senses have been clouded for a while until now, a drop of sunshine has peered through the thick fog and into her line of sight. Mulan was fucked.

It took a lot to get Mulan out of the house tonight and now seated in the restaurant across from the red-haired angel. She and Tony went back and forth for hours about why she should and should not go on the date. Eventually Tony broke through to her and practically shoved her out the door.

All of Mulan's senses were in overdrive and she was royally fucked. The feeling of her racing heart when she stepped into the room. The smell of her Dior perfume infiltrated her nose. The sight of her red-stained lips in conversation. The sound of her reserved giggle escaping her mouth as Mulan blushes at the sound.

The clicks of glass and plates along with the light music and low lighting set the mood for the dinner. The date had been going very well considering Mulan's years in retirement from dating. They've gotten to discover one another in a new way, both equally reserved yet bubbly like a teenage girl. Natalie made Mulan feel new in a sense, made her feel bright. It was a welcome change from the wreck that is her love life, a change that Mulan is ready to peruse.

The restaurant progressively quieted down as more and more people left except for the two women. With their stomachs full and lips slightly red-stained from their glasses of expensive wine, the conversation flowed wonderfully—way better than Mulan had imagined it would. She was expecting to avoid Pepper's assistant along with getting teased by Tony about how awkward the evening would've been.

Mulan set down her empty wine glass holding back a smile on her face. She fiddled with the necklace holding her ring and sheepishly looked up, her brown eyes connecting with green ones. The heavy gaze Natalie had on her made her nerves ripple.