004. . . mcmxliii

(

( . . 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬; 𝐶𝐻 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
mcmxliii / 十九四十三
━━━━━
"I will always love you, Let go of a prayer for you, Just a sweet word—"

WAR. IT CAN BE A NOUN, VERB, ADJECTIVE, OR ADVERB. It has many definitions but its main one is: a state or usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations. It was like a moth to a flame when all the young able men were rushing off to enlist. With their egos and pride swelling in their chests, they thought they were invincible to what war would bring, and so did Mulan.

Mulan was having a war in her mind after Bucky decided to drop the bomb of his enlistment on her after their night of lovemaking. But it's now a new year, 1943, and while he's off training in Wisconsin she's at her usual desk worrying her ass off about the tall brunette she calls her lover.

Is he alright? seemed to be the only thing that was crossing Mulan's mind as of late. With the point of her heel clicking against the wooden frame desk, bitting the skin on her lip raw from continuously gnawing on it the past month, and clicking her ink pen, anyone could tell she was worried. With Mulan having first-hand knowledge of wars, she was scared for Bucky. He was the best thing that could've happened to her and she won't let him slip through her fingers.

"MULAN?!" The lady at the desk repeated. She's been trying to get her attention for the past minute.

"Oh um," Mulan stammered before clearing her throat, "Y-yes, what is it Sandy?"

"Are you alright dear you lookin' a tad green in the gills, been tryna get your attention for a bit there, but uh, it's time to go," Sandy replied before pointing to the large clock displayed on the wall.

Tilting her head to the clock, she did confirm it was closing time and stood up and straightened her clothes. "I can promise you I'm fine no need to worry but uh thank you for asking. I'll see you tomorrow," Mulan assured, flashing a smile the didn't quite reach her eyes. She gathered her things and walked down the thick steps to the sidewalk.

Walking home wasn't the same anymore. Mulan was usually with Bucky on the journey but with his flee to Wisconsin the feel of him left as well. She missed the weight of his large hand in hers, how he would kiss along her shoulder in the mornings, the random thoughts at times deep in the night when they should've been asleep. She just missed him.

Before Bucky left he said Mulan could stay at his place whenever that it was as much hers as it's his, with half of each other's belongings at their places, there was talk about moving into either place but it was never confirmed. Walking into His apartment and not seeing his body laying on the couch reading the days paper or him and Steve bickering about the recent fight he got in gave Mulan a feeling of irritation.