012. . . the interview

(

( . . 𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬; 𝐶𝐻 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝐿𝑉𝐸 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
THE INTERVIEW /  面试
━━━━━
" Oh to see without my eyes, The first time that you kissed me, Boundless by the time I cried, I built your walls around me, White noise, what an awful sound, — "

AS MULAN'S HIPS SWAYED, THEY CAUGHT THE LAST ECHOS OF THE PELTING COOL DROPS OF RAIN OF THE OVERCLOUDED NEW YORK AFTERNOON. The clicking of her heels causing uproar in the puddles taking over the pavement, she enjoyed the misty air as the quiet click of splashes shot twinkling beads of water onto the nearby tarnished and rusty newspaper stand. With the dainty hand not holding her umbrella, Mulan rubbed her arm, as she shivered slightly in the cool wind she scolded herself for forgetting her jacket. As she looked down at his, now her, wristwatch, the layered clouds that hid the rays of sunlight shined on it and she noticed she was running late. Her pace quickened slightly, trying to reach her destination in time.

The room was bustling with activity as Mulan sat cross-legged on the striped velvet beige couch with a few throw pillows for decoration, picking at a loose thread by the silk material of her black skirt. The echoing bang of a piece of the camera equipment meeting the floor startled Mulan, breaking her hypnosis from the thread. That made her jerk in her seat, pearl necklace shifting across her collarbones, and eyes snap up to the source of the noise. She sighed trying to calm her breathing and attempted to roll out her neck -the stress, tension, and anxiety- nipped violently at the muscles in her neck going down to her shoulders. Mulan cleared her throat then moved more backward on the couch, her back meeting its own, as she regained her composure.

Her tongue went dry when she felt tingles of anxiety rush to her palms forcing her to grip them, wishing for the feeling to go away. Mulan cursed herself silently for being so frightened. It had been seven years since she was in any sort of violent or dangerous activity and she was still suffering its consequences. She thought she was getting better with the whole time heals all wounds thing, but the wounds stayed opened, steadily gushing with blood, hissing from grief. Mulan knew she had some form of PTSD from her old Chinese wars but it felt different this time around. It was like she got her own sampling of its variations, all for her. Oh Bucky, why'd you leave without stitching me up?

"Miss Fa, we're ready to begin now. Do you need a minute or anything before we get started?" The interviewer asked as he approached the chair placed in front of Mulan and sat in it.

She blinked feverishly and adjusted her long-sleeved black blouse, pearl necklace, and waist-long hair before she responded, "Yes, yes I'm ready."

"Quiet everyone please!" A voice announced. Then recording equipment fired up as the cameras turned on, now all attention focused on her.

"Good afternoon, Mulan." The interviewer greeted.

"Good afternoon to you too." Mulan grinned.