002. . . caesers palace

(

( . . 𝐴𝐶𝑇 𝑇𝑊𝑂; 𝐶𝐻 𝑇𝑊𝑂 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
CAESAR'S PALACE / 凯撒宫

36 HOURS EARLIER

"Tony Stark. Visionary, "

"Oh fucking please—" Mulan mumbles from her dining seat.

"Genius. American Patriot. Even from an early age, the son of legendary weapons developer Howard Stark quickly stole the spotlight with his brilliant and unique mind." The narrator informs as pictures of a younger Tony and Howard sweep by the screen. The old photos sparked a sense of warmth in Mulan's chest. "At age four, he built his first circuit board. At age six, his first engine. And at 17 he graduated summa cum laude from MIT. Then, the passing of a titan." That spark of warmth immediately dimmed when the newspaper image floods the screen. "Howard Stark's lifelong friend and ally, Obadiah Stane—"

"Oh fucking please—" Mulan repeats.

"—Steps in to help fill the gap left by the legendary founder, until, at age 21, the prodigal son returns. And is anointed the new CEO of Stark Industries," Everyone in the room began to clap. "With the keys to the kingdom, Tony ushers in a new era for his father's legacy, creating smarter weapons, advanced robotics, and satellite targeting. Today, Tony Stark has changed the face of the weapons industry," Mulan then snorts as Tony's rolling stone cover appears on the screen, she always thought he looked ridiculous in his poorly executed fighting stance since he couldn't even touch Mulan in the training ring. Obadiah clears his throat with a slight glare pointed at the woman. She throws her hands up in a mock surrender with a roll of her eyes. "by ensuring freedom and protecting America and her interests around the globe." The narrator finishes as everyone claps.

Rhodey steps onto the stage. "As liaison to Stark Industries, I've had the unique privilege of serving with a real patriot. He is my friend and he is my great mentor—"

"Bullshit Rhodes—"

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present this year's Apogee Award to Mr. Tony Stark," Rhodey announces with a smile. The dining hall cheers as does Mulan, waiting for Tony to come. A beat passes and Mulan looks past her shoulder about to yell at Tony to bring his ass to the stage when she sees his seat is empty except for a little card used to label his spot. She picks it up and flips it around, "peace" is all he wrote.