Training

Thank you for 1,000 reads!! I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Warnings: Minor panic attack
Caitlin's POV:
After the attack I get ready for training. I take a deep breathe and shake my head. I'm dumb for showing Mal weakness. I need to be stronger. "Kitty Kat." I hear Mal say cautiously. I put on a smile. "Yep Mally." I say and she smiles. "Just wanted to make sure your okay." She says and I laugh. "Obviously, I'm always great." She laughs. "Alright no need to over do it." I go over to my bag and pull out my lucky black cap. "What's with the cap?" "You'll see. Anyway ready to go me lady." "Yes ma'am." I go to pick her up. "No, I don't want you to hurt yourself." I laugh. "I've got it, I promise." I pick her up and she giggles. She opens the door and I walk her down the hall. We get to the elevator and I feel a hand hold my arm. "Woah..." I laugh. "You good there?" "You have muscles. It's sexy." She jokes. I lose my breath as she calls me sexy. "You alright Cait, sorry I shouldn't have said anything." "No no I'm fine. Sorry I just don't think anyone's called me that." "What? Sexy? Well now you have been. I'm surprised, your gorgeous." I feel myself blush. I look down and see Mal have a smirk on her face. The elevator dings and the doors open to see the team standing there. "Mal! What did we say about making the newbie carry you around." Alex says. I see Mal look sad. "I offered. Anyway she's as light as anything. It's not like it is hurting me." I let her down and she hugs me. "Thanks for the ride sexy." She whispers into my ear and I laugh. "Your both late." Jill says. I look down knowing that's my fault. "That's my fau-" I start but Mal interrupts me. "Sorry, I was making sure my hair looked good and I needed Cait's help." I look at her and smile. "Okay then, everyone on the bus." 

Nix's POV:
Me and Tierna sit next to each other until I see Cait come onto the bus. We swap our lucky black caps and then do our handshake. I then sit back down and so does she. I notice Tierna looking at me weirdly. "Supersitions. We have to wear our lucky caps and do our handshake before every match and training." She laughs. "What?" "It's just cute that's all." I blush. "Awe your adorable." I hide my face and giggle. "Don't hide your face.... please" "Why?" "Cause your too pretty to hide." I look up into her eyes. I see the sincere look on her face and smile. "We are here! Get your stuff and go!" Jill shouts and we look away from each. I clear my throat and stand up. I watch Tierna stand up and grab her bag. She turns around. "Your stunning okay. Don't forget that." She whispers to me and then walks off. I take a breath and walk off of the bus. I walk over to Cait and we do our handshake again. "Pleasure wearing your hat as always sister." I laugh and head over to the strikers area. "Okay who have we got here." I hear a familier voice say. "Alex, Christen, Mal and the newbie umm Phoenix is it?" I nod my head at the living legend. "Well it's nice to have you here. I'm Abby Wambach as I hope you know. I will be your coach for this camp and hopefullt a lot more. Right girls. Into pairs!" Abby says. "Nix! I'm with you." Mal says and I smile. "I'm down." We do passing and shooting drills until we got told otherwise. "Water break and I want you to go into differant pairs." I go to my water and I see Christen come up to me. "Partner?" "A-are you sure? I m-mean Mal is err like y-your child." She laughs. "Yes I'm sure kiddo. Come on." She holds out her hand and I take it.

Christen's POV:
I train with the newbie and get to know her. I send a pass to her and she slams the ball into the top left corner getting the ball past Alyssa. "Yes kid!" She laughs and gives me a thumbs up. I hear footsteps behind me. "Wow, she's good right." "Yeah. Think she's gonna turn out like you when she's older." "Better." I turn around and look at the ex striker. "Really Abby? You think that?" She smiles. "1000%. Stay with her okay. I want you, Ali, Ashlyn and Tobin to be there for her. Train her hard and be hard on her. Do that and she will become better than me. I mean she is training with the best." I smile. "Sure coach." 

Mal's POV:
"Scrimmage time girls!" Jill shouts. I see Caitlin walk over to me and I smile. "How was your first training?" "Not over yet is it?" I laugh and she puts her hand over my shoulder and pulls me into her. "This is okay right?" I nuzzle futher into her stomach and smile. "Perfect." We walk over to the group and everyone looks at us. "What?" I question confused. They all laugh and look back at Jill. I feel Christens eyes on me like normal but I brush it off and focus on who's on my team. "Nix, Mal, Cait, Carli, Julie, Tierna, Abby, Kelley, Ali and Ash in goal." The remaining players get put into team 2. I feel Cait's breathing pick up again. "Coach can me and Cait go away from the group for a minute please. It's really important." I say urgetly. "Yeah, yeah sure." I push Caitlin away from the group. Caitlin sits down. "Cait, look at me. Your okay, your on a pitch with the team. Remember what I taught you. Deep breath in and out." We sit for a while until Caitlin calms down. "Fuck." She whispered and I look at her. "What, what's up? Are you in pain? Did something happen?" She sighs. "I don't want you to see me like this." "Like what?" "Like this. Weak and pathetic." I can't believe she feels like this. "Hey, this isn't weak. I think your brave. I would never be able to control it as well as you do and I can't imagine how scary it is." She sighs again. "Yeah I guess." "Don't guess. Believe." "Cuddle?" I smile and cuddle into her again. After a while Cait feels okay to get back to the group. "Make sure to take a break if you need it though okay." "For the 1000th time, yes Mally. I'll be fine." I smile and go into my position. Hopefully this is a clean scrimage...

1131 Words. 6th of January 2021. Sorry for the later update. I hope you liked this chapter. Have a great day/night :)