Team Meeting

Sorry for the late update. I hope you had a nice christmas/break. Enjoy the chapter. 

Phoenix POV:

"I know right, it was hillarious!" Tierna says as we were walking down to the team meeting. "Ayo Nix!" I hear Caitlin shout. "Cait!" I run and hug her. "Bitch it's been like 30 minutes not 10 years!" She laughs and punches me. I laugh and I see Mal Pugh come up behind her. "Hi I'm Mallory Pugh. Everyone calls me Mal though." I go to shake her hand but she pulls me into a hug. "Well hi, I'm Phoenix but everyone calls me Nix." "Ahh well nice to meet you Nix." I smile as I see Tierna and Caitlin get to know each other. We all start heading for the meeting hall. "Yo heads!" I hear a girl shout I flinch as Cait pushes me out of the way. I look at Caitlin and she nods her head, that's my way of saying thanks. "My bad!" She shouts again and runs past us. "Lynn wait up!" Mal shouts and chaces her trying to tackle her. "Mallory!" I hear Christen Press shout and again I flinch. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you nice to see you again though Nix, nice to meet you Caitlin." "Nice to meet you too Christen but please call me Cait." "Well in that case call me Chris." She says hugging us. "Anyway sorry  now have to deal with my child, sorry." "It's fi-" I start to say but I'm cut off with her screaming at Mal. "Mal leave Lynn alone!" I laugh as we enter the hall. "Yeah so around here it's pretty crazy." Tierna says and we all laugh. "I couldn't tell." We sit down and get ready for Jill to start talking. "Hey guys welcome to another camp, where you can all annoy me again. This camp we will be focusing on training for the world cup and preparing for our friendly against England. I expect 100% effort and teamwork. Speaking of teamwork, as you can see there are two new players, Phoenix Rivers and Caitlin Fleetwood. Make sure to accept them into the group and be nice. Thank you for being at this meeting and I look forward to our first training session. Stay safe and have fun!" 

Ashlyn's POV:
I decided to ask Carli if the newbies could choose where we ate. She agreed and so I'm now asking the girls where they want to eat. "Anywhere really it's up to Cait." Nix says and so I look at Caitlin. "So?" "Umm is there some kind of like pizza place anywhere?" She asks and I take out my phone. "There is actually one called Blaze pizza around here." Alex says. "Your the Alex Morgan!" Caitlin shouts and yet again Nix flinches. Alex and Caitlin start talking and leave to go to their rooms. "I'm assuming we are eating at Blaze then. I'll text the girls." I say and Nix laughs. "Are you okay?" I ask the teenager. "Huh, yeah why?" she says. "You flinch whenever anyone raises their voice." "Oh yeah sorry I'm just scared of loud noises." I nod not believing her. "You... don't believe me do you." She says and I nod my head. "That's fine don't believe me but I swear that's all it is." I nod my head and she smiles. "I'm happy your speaking more." I say and her smile faulters. "Oh um yeah, yeah I guess." "Is that not a good thing?" I ask and she puts on another smile. "No it's um it's good. I er have to go to my room. If you don't mind." "That's fine don't worry about it." She smiles and walks off. "Hey babe." I hear Ali Krieger say. "Hi." "What's wrong?" "Nothing Al I'm good." I say looking into her eyes. "Mhm bullshit. I've dated you for 3 years Ash, I can tell when something is wrong. So, what's up?" "The new girl, Nix" "Yeah what about her?" "There's just something about her, I don't know what it is." I say thoughtfully. "Okay hun, this is her first day here, give it a while for her to warm up to the team. Maybe she's just shy." Ali says and I smile. "Yeah, yeah I guess." I say and she smiles. "Come on let's head up to the room and get ready for the meal tonight." "Sounds good, let's go babe." I say and take her hand. 

Tierna's POV:
"Hi." I hear Felix say as she walks through the door. "Hiya." I respond. "You getting ready for tonight?" She asks as she walks through to the bedroom. "Yep how do I look?" I see her try and catch her breath. I sigh. "I knew I didn't look good." I say under my breath. "Hey, hey. You look gorgeous okay. Stunning even." I laugh and hide my face. "Don't hide your face, it's too pretty to be covered up." She says and I laugh even more. I look at her and see her smiling. Wow she's beautiful. No Tierna you can't think like that, you've only just met the girl. We talk for a bit until we have to head out for the meal. I wonder how Mal and Cait are.

Caitlin's POV:

"Bonjour madam." I hear Mal say as she enters the room. "Well hello there. You ready to stuff our faces with pizza." "Absoutly!" She shouts and I laugh. "We are just too similar." I say as she walks through into the bedroom. "Holy shit!" She shouts. "What, what! You okay?!" I ask panicked. "No, your fucking smoking! Wow!" She shouts again and I laugh. "You really think so?" I ask. "Hell yeah." She says and I smile. She is amazing. No Caitlin you can't think that you've only just met the girl. We talk for a bit until we have to go out to eat. I wonder how Tierna and Nix are.

988 Words. 30th of December 2020. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I should be updating more often.