Part 42

Klarissa's POV

When I woke up, my head was pounding. I felt like I had a really bad hangover and the bright light that was shining through the window wasn't helping. I groaned out in frustration and searched for a body next to me, Lorenzo's body.

When I realized he wasn't there, I felt disappointment and a bit of fear consumed me. The memories of what happened to me last night was still very fresh in my mind, and I didn't want to be alone.

Using my arms, I pushed myself up in the bed so I would be sitting up. Looking up, I saw Lorenzo sitting in the chair in front of me. He had a blank expression on his face and was starring at me. His suit jacket was was hung over the back of the chair, the top of his dress shirt was undone, and he was drinking a brown liquid out of a small glass. Probably some type of alcohol.

At first, I was a little startled by his new found presence.

"Hi." I said to him in a small tone.

Slowly he got up and made his way over to me. He placed his hand on the back of my neck and leaned down to kiss my neck. The smell of alcohol was very strong on him. I'm not sure how much he drank, but it was probably to much.

When he went to pull away, I placed my hand on his shoulder in an effort to bring him closer to me. I missed his touch and the overwhelming feeling of comfort that he brings to me.

"Stay with me." I said as he moved out of my grasp.

He looked down at me for a moment before he swallowed the rest of his drink. After he placed the glass down on the bedside table, a small frown pulled on his lips.

"I can't." he said in an emotionless tone.

"You can't, or you won't?" I asked back in a sorrowful tone.

He said nothing as pulled away and started to walk away from me. The feeling of rejection washed over me as I watched him disappear from the room.

When I started to think everything through, things really starting to click into my mind. For the first time I finally understood that I caused this feeling of conflict between us. If I would have kept my mouth closed and approached the situation in a different way, maybe things wouldn't be like this. He was upset with me and I deserved his anger.

Looking down at my self, I noticed some type of medical wrap on my wrist. Lorenzo must of had Brandon bandage it last night when I came home. I could also tell that from the lack of pain I was experiencing, my wrist must me doing better.

I sat on the edge of my bed, just letting my legs dangle off the edge. My legs had a weird throbbing feeling pulsing through them. They looked and moved like they normally do, but they didn't feel like normal.

Figuring that I just needed to move them around a little bit, I pushed up off the bed. The first couple steps I took were a little wobbly but do able. By the next step, my legs started to shake dramatically until completely collapsed. Quickly, I outspread my uninjured arm to catch myself. I hit the floor with a loud 'oof' but overall it wasn't too painful.

Panic and confusion started to run through my mind. I had no idea why my legs weren't working, especially since I can still feel them. Trying my best to get up off the marble floor, I tried my best to gulp back tears. I was afraid.

Afraid for what could possibly be wrong with my legs, but also about what happened last night. I've been trying my best to suppress the memories, but it's been hard to forget. Currently, I am alone and completely helpless inside this room, just like last night. It's almost like I'm replaying the same moments inside my head, but in different places.