Part 26

Klarissa's POV

I was inside the planes bedroom when I woke up. My head was aching and my stomach hurt from the amount of alcohol I consumed. When I sat up, I saw Lorenzo sitting in the chair in-front of me. He had all of his attention fixed on his laptop and he was typing something.

"Do you do anything other than work?" I asked him as I tied my hair back. 

"No, I don't." he said as he closed his computer and walked over to where I was sitting. He then leaned down to kiss me on my cheek before he started to walk away.

"We are landing in 30 minutes. Try not to get wasted again between now and the time we land." he said as he slid open the door.

I rolled my eyes at his obnoxious comment and headed towards the bathroom. Once I was in there, I was startled by what I saw in the mirror. In an effort to fix it, I quickly smoothed my hair and washed my face. 

After I was pleased with how I looked, I exited the bathroom and went into the main cabin. All of the boys were awake and were drinking coffee out of a insulated cup. However, Gianna and Alicia were passed out on the sofa. Ricco was holding Gianna protectively in his arms as she slept. Alicia just had a pillow underneath her head as she slept against the arm of the chair.

I walked over towards her and began to shake her arm.

"Wake up." I said to her.

Her eyes slowly opened and she had a surprised look on her face when she saw me.

"You scared me." she said as she rubbed her eyes.

"Sorry, but we are about to land." I told her as I took a seat next to her.

"Please everyone fasten your seatbelts, we will be on the ground shortly." a women's voice said through the intercom.

Upon their request, I buckled my seatbelt and in a matter of minutes we were on the ground.

When we finally came to a complete stop, Lorenzo got up started to distribute our passports.

"Angelo, you will be going through customs with the girls since they all have American passports. You know the international officers better than I do and I don't want any trouble." Lorenzo said as he handed Angelo all of our documents.

He nodded his head at his command, and took the documents from Lorenzo's hand. 

As soon as the planes door opened, we all lined up to exit. When I stepped out of the plane, I noticed the immediate temperature change. The breeze was freezing cold and large dark clouds floated in the sky.

"It's so cold." I said as I wrapped my arms around myself.

"Did you expect it to be warm?" Lorenzo asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Well, I thought it would be warmer than New York." I told him honestly.

He just laughed at my words and continued to walk with me by his side. When we finally got to the building, we were immediately surrounded by officers. They were extending their hands out to Lorenzo and were speaking fast Italian.

"Angelo." Lorenzo called as he released me from his grasp. 

"Just do whatever Angelo tells you to do and you will be fine." he told me as I was guided away from him. I couldn't help but feel this growing sense of anxiety in my stomach. It was finally hitting me that I was in a foreign country, wasn't able to speak the language, and I was here with one of the most famous mafia families.

"Why do they get to use that special line?" I asked Angelo as he guided us away from Lorenzo.

"It's because they have Italian passports." he told me as we stood in the back of a short line.