Part 22

Klarissa's POV

My father had a calm, yet annoyed look on his face. Before he opened his mouth to speak again, he took a moment to take the whole situation in. Based on his expression, I knew that he didn't want to say anything that would further escalate the situation.

"Everyone, let's just sit down and eat." he said in a defeated tone. For a brief moment him and I made eye-contact, however I was the first to look away.

All of us did as he asked and moved to sit down at the table. I usually sit next to my father, who sits at the head of the table, but given the state of our relationship I decided against it.

Making my way down to the end of the table, I took the seat right next to Ciro. He gave me a small smile before he turned his attention to what was happening at the table.

I watched as the waiters walked around the table asking people what they were interested in eating. It was to my surprise when I noticed that Ciro hadn't added anything to his plate. All this boy does is eat!

"Why aren't you eating anything?" I whispered to him as I placed a few pieces of food in my mouth.

"Lorenzo specifically told me not to eat anything. I'm just trying to follow my instructions." he whispered back to me.

" What were your instructions exactly?" I asked him.

"Just to watch everything." he said plainly as he sat up in his chair.

I could tell my his cool demeanor that he wasn't here to just watch everything. It's also extremely odd as to why Lorenzo told him not to eat anything.
——————————————————————-

The entire diner was full of awkward pauses and silence. Everyone could tell that there was an elephant in the room but no one was addressing it.

"Klarissa, can we speak in my office?" my father asked me. This sentence was the first time he had addressed me all diner. I was honestly starting to get annoyed since he was the one that wanted to have dinner together.

I gave my father a small nod before I rose from my chair. I closely trailed behind him as he lead me towards his office. From my peripheral vision, I could see Ciro slowly creeping behind us.

Once we reached the insides of my fathers office, he closed the door behind us. He then spun on his heel to look at me.

"What the hell is going on?" he snapped at me. 

"Why is one of Lorenzo's goons here?" he asked as he angrily walked over to his desk.

"He just wanted me to be safe father." I told him as I awkwardly adjusted my clothes around.

"How dare he assume that I couldn't protect my own daughter! We are your family." he said as he banged his fist on the wooden desk.

"I tried to tell him that but he insisted on it." I mumbled to my father.

My father gave me a frustrated look before he let a loud sigh escape his mouth.

"Why him? Out of all the men in the world, why did he have to find you." he said to me. The look in his eyes showed defeat and stress. My relationship was causing him genuine stress.

"Papa, i-it just happened." I told him in a small voice. 

"You must think about what you are doing. If you let yourself get too deep with him, I cannot help you anymore. At that point you will be marked as an Italian, you will become a traitor to the Spanish mob." he said to me with emotion clear in his face.