Part 21

Klarissa's POV

When I got out of bed, I felt a soreness between my legs. It wasn't too bad, but it was still fairly uncomfortable.

Once completely out of bed, I walked over to the closet to get dressed. I quickly pulled out a light pink colored lingerie set and my dress. After I put my undergarments on, I looked at myself in the mirror. I felt different, older maybe. It was definitely a feeling that I liked.

I then picked up my dress, so put it on.

My dress was a tight, short, long sleeved black dress. It was simple and elegant.

I reached my arm behind my back in an attempt to pull up the zipper. When I couldn't get it, I walked out of the closet and back to where Lorenzo was.

As soon as I entered the bedroom, I saw him laying on the bed with a pair of light grey sweatpants on. He had his phone in his hand and was typing quickly on it.

I quietly walked over to where he was laying. Right when I approached the bed, I saw the blood stain on the sheets. The sight of it was slightly embarrassing, but I didn't dwell on it.

"Can you help me zip it?" I asked as I turned my back to him.

I heard the bed creak slightly, then I felt his hands on me. With on hand placed on my hip, he used the other hand to zip up the back. He then spun me around so that we were facing each other.

"Wow." he said as he stood up from the bed. He then took my hand in his, and playfully spun me around.

I giggled lightly at his actions.

"Ciro will be attending dinner with you." he said as kissed the top of my hand.

"Okay." I told him as I looked deep in his eyes. As much as I wanted to argue against it, I decided to just keep my mouth shut. I didn't want to ruin the current mood between us.

"You two seem to have fun together, judging by what you did to him at the nail salon." he chuckled.

"He wanted to!" I defended.

"He told me that he wants to go again." he told me as he laughed.

"It's because we had fun!" I told him I told him as I narrowed my eyes at him.

He chuckled at me before he walked away from me and into his closet.

Sighing, I walked into the bathroom. I quickly brushed my hair and pinned it back with a few shinny clips. I then started to rummage through my makeup bag, trying to find something that could fix how I looked.

-----------------------------------------

After putting on a few jewelry pieces, I walked out of the bathroom. Upon my entrance in the bedroom, I saw two maids stripping the bed and there was no sign of Lorenzo.

I gave them a polite nod and walked out of the room.

As I made my way down the stairs, I started to become nervous. The thought of seeing my father after everything happened really started to worry me. What if he didn't mean any of the thing he said to me on the phone? And what about my brother, he gave me that same disgusted look that my father did when they left.

When I approached the door, I saw Ciro getting lectured by both Angelo and Lorenzo. He had an overwhelmed expression on his face. Whatever they were saying to him looked like it was stressing him out. Lorenzo then handed Ciro a narrow shiny object along, it looked like an extra magazine of bullets.

I couldn't understand why they were acting like this. Maybe what happened to Lorenzo earlier this week was more significant than they were all letting on.