Part 19

Lorenzo's POV

The cold winter breeze and lack of warmth, brought me out of my deep sleep. I could tell from how empty the bed felt, Klarissa had left already. After letting out a brief sigh, I started to admire the scenery outside. 

Through the windows, I could see the rain hitting across the windows. 

Rain. How I hated the rain. 

Something about it just brought back dark memorize from my childhood. This was probably because it reminded me of my mother. Whenever it rained, I remember that my father would kill all of his prisoners on the back patio so it would be easier for me to clean up the mess. 

As I mopped the cement, I remember seeing the look of pain and fear in my mothers eyes. All she wanted for me was to go to college and settle down with a nice girl. However, my father had different plans for me. It still saddens me to think about how I have become what she hated, a murder.

These thoughts about my mother made me wonder of what she would of thought about Klarissa. I know that she would have liked her, but I wonder if she would think that she is the one. My mother was always good at reading people, because she always knew if I was just bringing a girl home to fuck or hang out with. 

Back before my mother got sick, my father introduced me to two women named Portia and Anika. Being the horny 19 year-old I was, I was extremely excited to get these girls back to the estate so we could fuck. However, I had read these girls completely wrong. Somewhere in my sick mind I had though my father found me a fuck buddy, when in reality he had found me two sparring partners. 

When he first told me this, I laughed in their faces because I never thought in a million years that these tiny women would be able to stand a chance up to me.

How wrong I was for thinking that! 

Those girls beat my ass and it totally put my god complex in check. And ever since that 'bonding experience' those girls became some of my best friends, aside from Angelo of course. One day, I asked my father why he picked Portia and Anika to fight me. All he did was laugh and told me that my mother had seen them street fighting on one of her shopping trips downtown. And when she brought them to his attention, he knew that they would be perfect for me. 

Now, they work in the familia as hitmen. They are the best that I've ever seen, but they are very hard to work with. Their attitude and just overall bitchiness, makes it almost impossible for me to assign them a team. So currently, they work with each other and deal with mostly international business. They kind of do their own thing, and I only ever directly talk to them whenever I need a favor. 

"How did you sleep last night?" I heard Brandon's voice ask while bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Good, I feel a lot better today actually." I told him truthfully.

"I'd assume you would. I gave you some sleeping medication last night, I wanted to make sure you would actually sleep." he said with a sly look on his face.

"That explains why I fell asleep so quickly last night." I explained to him.

"I'd be concerned if it didn't. But, your numbers look even better today so I think we're done with all the fluids." he said as he started to detach tubes.

"Thank God." I mumbled under my breath.

Brandon then removed all the needles from my arm and wrapped my forearm in gauze.

"Alright, that's it. I'll be back to check on you in a couple of days, so don't do anything to strenuous." he said giving me a knowing look.

"Okay." I plainly told him.