Stay Strong

~four months later~

It was graduation day. Finally, I was done with college.

I came home after the ceremony and changed out of my cap and gown. I made myself ramen for lunch and sat down to eat and rest for a bit.

Since Ateez finished their world tour, Yeosang had more time to FaceTime me. We didn't FaceTime every single night, but it was a handful of times each week. I had become busy preparing for exams and graduation, and Yeosang was back to practicing.

Since the night Yeosang confessed his love for me, I felt like our relationship had stabilized. There was still some uncertainty, but at least we understood each other. We didn't keep our emotions from each other anymore. Slowly, we were growing even closer together.

Of course there were times when I just really missed him. I longed to be in his arms again. In those moments, Yeosang noticed my sadness. He would do everything he could to cheer me up. He would joke around to make me laugh or tell funny stories about the members. And if none of that worked, he would simply remind me that he loves me. I never was tired of hearing that. It was the best reassurance that we were supposed to stay together.

Yeosang had some time to FaceTime me before my graduation party tonight, so I finished eating and waited for the call. My phone lit up and I answered.

Yeosang appeared on my screen in a practice room. He looked tired, but he smiled brightly when he saw me.

"Hello (y/n)! You graduated this morning, right? Congratulations! I'm so proud of you! I really mean it. You worked so hard," he said cheerfully.

"Thanks, Yeosang... I appreciate that."

"Of course! Wow, you look so pretty today with your hair like that... I wish I had seen you walk across the stage. I'm sure it was a special moment."

"Haha, thank you... It was alright. I'm just happy I can move on now."

"Ohh, I see... That's right, you can apply for a job now. Have you thought about it much?"

"Well... yeah...."

I knew we were both thinking the same thing. I let him speak first.

"You know... You could apply for KQ. They still need the extra help in the tech department with our next comeback. They haven't found anyone as talented as you."

"But Yeosang... I don't think they would've forgotten what happened between us. I remember you telling me that they probably found out. If that really is the case, they won't hire me. They wouldn't want me anywhere near you... That's why I never mentioned the idea."

"I understand... that's why I never brought it up either. But I was thinking... Maybe they'll be desperate enough to hire you. I mean they chose you out of hundreds of applications for that internship. They know what you're capable of. Plus... it has been almost a year since the incident. They fully trust me again at this point."

"But they might not trust me..."

"Well what's the worst that could happen if you apply?"

"...They don't hire me. So I guess it's worth a shot, right? It's a chance to at least be in the same building as you again. That would be nice."

"Just no more sneaking up to the roof, haha..."

"Right... But being able to pass by you in the hallways would be better than nothing I think."

"I agree. So will you send an application...?"

"Oh, why not? I'll go for it."

"Yay! That's exciting," he cheered.