Stress Relief

*Play the music if you want to*

It was the second day of my internship. The morning would be spent working with the music video production team. I showed up on time and was assigned to work on matching the  digital lighting of certain shots. Like my previous task, this was easy, or at least it should have been.

All was going well until I accidentally clicked the wrong filter for one of the slides. I tried to undo the mistake, but I definitely didn't click the right button. My face went pale and I froze. The whole scene I was working on had disappeared and I didn't know how to get it back. 'How in the world did I make such a careless mistake??' I was completely full of dread and my body went numb. I was scared, but I had to tell someone.

Shaking, I turned to the guy working next to me and said, "Um... I just messed up pretty badly. I'm not sure what I clicked on, but the whole fluorescent scene disappeared..."

The man stared at my computer screen blankly and asked, "Did you save it?" I shook my head, no. "Welp, that's a lot of lost time," he replied, "Don't worry though, there's a way to at least get the original part back. I forgot where the footage was filed, so I'll have to ask Mrs. Sung."

He brought Mrs. Sung to me and I explained what happened. She grimaced, shaking her head. "This isn't good. (Y/n), you should've been more careful. Maybe you need to take a break," she said nodding her head towards the door. I left feeling so ashamed of myself.

I quickly walked to the break room, on the verge of tears. I was about to buy a water bottle from the vending machine when I heard the door open. I was afraid to turn around to see who came in because I didn't want anyone to see my watering eyes. I acted like I was just taking a while to decide on my drink, hoping whoever was there would just ignore me.

"(y/n)..? Hi. I didn't expect to see you here."

It was Yeosang's voice.

I really didn't want him to see me looking upset, so I avoided eye contact and said, "Oh... Hi Yeosang." Unfortunately my voice was choked up, giving away my emotions.

"Hey... are you okay?" He asked me shyly in a lowered tone.

I turned around to face him and when I saw his look of concern, a tear fell down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and said, "Well... I'm in trouble because... I messed up something with the technology. Now I'm behind with my work..."

"Ah... But you can fix it. Right?" Yeosang asked with a small smile.

"I don't know... Mrs. Sung sent me away, so I didn't even get the chance to try and fix it."

"Ohh."

"Yeosang what if... what if I lose my internship because of this?"

"No... I don't think you will," he said gently.

"I don't want that to happen... I've worked so hard for this. I just can't believe I made such a dumb mistake on only my second day."

"Don't worry... They know you're talented and talented people still mess up sometimes. It will work out. You'll see," he reassured me.

Hearing those words comforted me and brought a bit of my confidence back. "Thank you Yeosang... I hope you're right."

He smiled and gave a thumbs up. I smiled back. There was a short awkward silence. Then an idea came to my head. "Hey Yeosang?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think I could maybe hang out with you after lunch...? I understand if you're too busy..."