Perfume

I woke up the next morning in a very good mood. Yesterday was not all that great, but Yeosang had made it bearable. I was excited to see him and the rest of Ateez today. As I was in such a blissful mood, I decided I wanted to look extra cute. I chose my favorite outfit to wear which looked a little more girly than my previous outfits, but it was still professional. I styled my hair down and carefully did my makeup. I then freshened up with perfume and gathered my things to leave my apartment.

At KQ Entertainment, I did my work diligently, but my mind kept wandering to Ateez. I could scarcely hold in my excitement for recreational time.

Finally, after lunch, my break came and I checked the Ateez time slots. They were available.

I went to the practice rooms and knocked on the door of the main dance practice room. Mingi opened the door and greeted me with a big smile.

(Yeosang's POV)

I was focused on fixing my footwork for our dance in our upcoming music video when suddenly (y/n) came in the room.

"Hi (y/n)!" Mingi greeted her brightly.

"Hey!" She responded smiling.

'She looks nice today...' I thought.

"Oh wow, you're all in here," she stated, glancing around at all eight of us. When she looked at me, I immediately looked away. 'Ugh, why am I like this...? I don't need to be shy. We were talking to each other only yesterday.' I thought about the time we spent together and felt my cheeks heat up a bit. Then I saw her walking over to me.

"Hey Yeosang, guess what!" She said to me, her face beaming.

By the looks of it, things went well for her yesterday after we parted. "You didn't get fired," I said confidently.

She laughed and said, "Yeah! Everything turned out alright like you said it would."

"See, I told you. I knew it would be okay," I answered.

Just then San spoke up. "Fired?! What??"

Everyone gave (y/n) looks of concern.

She smiled awkwardly and put her hand behind her neck. "Yeah... I messed up yesterday and was afraid I would lose the internship. But I made up for my mistake and I think I'm off the hook," she explained.

Everyone breathed out a sigh of relief. Hongjoong then stepped closer to (y/n) and said to her, "Well that's good. I'm proud of you." He lightly pat her shoulder and my eyes lingered on the spot that he touched. Then Hongjoong spoke to me, snapping me out of my daze. "Yeosang, how did you know what happened?"

"Well (y/n) and I talked a bit yesterday..." I replied quietly.

"Oh..." Hongjoong said with a strange look in his eyes that I couldn't quite read.

"So what is everyone up to?" (Y/n) asked.

"Practicing a new dance!" Wooyoung bursted out and suddenly grooved around for a few seconds.

(Y/n) laughed and said, "Ooo, can I see?" Her eyes gleamed and she looked happy. It made me feel good seeing her laugh and smile after looking so down yesterday. 

Hongjoong pulled up a chair for (y/n) and we all got into our positions to show her what we had learned of the dance so far.

During our performance, I had a little trouble concentrating. I thought I was doing everything correctly, but I was definitely on auto pilot. I found myself wishing that (y/n) would look at me. I wanted to get her attention, so when my part came up, I made some cool gestures. At least I hoped they were cool...