Falling

(Your POV)

It was the morning we were leaving for the Hwanseongul Cave. I had everything packed and ready to go. When I arrived at the company, I spotted Ateez in the lobby. They were sitting around with their things, eating breakfast snacks and talking. When they saw me, they all smiled and waved.

All except for Yeosang who gave me a blank expression. My eyes lingered on him for a second before Hongjoong came up to me.

"Ready for today?" Hongjoong asked me, smiling sweetly.

I smiled back and said, "Yep! Are you?"

"I believe so."

I then looked back at the other members and asked them, "What about everyone else? Do you all feel prepared for your big day?"

"Yeah, let's get it!" San responded with a fist pump.

"Fix on!" Mingi added triumphantly.

"Fighting!" Wooyoung and Yunho both yelled together.

I laughed and then glanced at Yeosang. He cracked a small smile.

'Good. A small smile is good,' I thought.

Over the weekend, I kept worrying about Yeosang. I just wanted him to be okay.

Soon, Ateez were called to load their bus. We parted and I joined up with the music video crew. I then got onto my bus with the crew. I had the privilege of sitting next to the music video director, Jason Kim himself.

On the ride to the caverns, I talked with Mr. Kim about his job as a film and music video director. I was overjoyed to talk to him since he did have my dream job.

I was so absorbed in our conversation that I didn't realize two hours had past, and we had already arrived at the cave. I thanked Mr. Kim for his time and we exited the bus.

The Ateez bus had arrived just before ours and they were beginning to unload. We unpacked everything at the entrance of the cave. The styling team immediately got to work, fixing up each of the boys.

'Wow, they all look so perfect,' I thought, watching the prepping process.

I looked at Yeosang as his hair was getting combed through. He sat in silence, staring into space. 'He's unreal...' 

I wanted to look away as I was probably staring for too long, but I couldn't. With his prince-like aura, he seemed like a fantasy character rather than an actual person.

I then heard footsteps and turned around to see Hongjoong behind me.

"(Y/n), could I get your opinion?" He asked.

"Sure," I replied.

"Does the back of my hair look good?" He turned around so I could see it.

"Definitely. It always looks good though," I said chuckling.

"Thanks!" He answered, turning back around with a big smile on his face. I nodded.

I then turned my head back in Yeosang's direction, but he wasn't there anymore. I looked around, puzzled.

Then I spotted him a bit further away, talking to Seonghwa.

"Alright, time to move!" Mr. Kim shouted and everyone gathered their belongings. We started forming a sort of mobbed line to enter the cave. I ended up in front of the styling team and right behind Ateez. Leading Ateez was Mr. Kim and the cameramen.