Chosen

(Your POV)

I kept reading the words on my laptop over and over again.

'Congratulations! You have been selected for the summer internship with KQ Entertainment. Your video editing skills were proven to be quite superior to your competitors. We are excited for your arrival next month. Thank you for your participation in the contest and feel free to email me any questions you may have.'

Shaking with astonishment, I pulled out my phone and called my best friend, Nari.

"Hey (y/n)! What's up?"

"Nari, I won! I get to work with KQ!!"

"You're kidding!!"

"I'm not!"

We both squealed and I was jumping up and down with excitement.

"(Y/n), I'm soooo jealous! I can't believe you get to meet Ateez!"

(Flashback)

'Submit an artistic video using the theme "ship wrecked" for a chance to receive a music video technician summer internship. Only one will win. The internship includes first hand experience with the creation of K-Pop music videos and a once and a lifetime opportunity to meet Ateez.'

'Wow, that sounds awesome!' I thought looking at the announcement Nari had sent me. 'I could probably win since I am majoring in cinematography and video production. But who are Ateez?' I searched their name up and read a little bit about them. Then I watched their music video, "Answer." My eyes widened in awe. 'They are gorgeous...'

I soon started working on my video

I soon started working on my video. By the end of two weeks, I had finished it and turned it in. Within those two weeks, I was also learning more about Ateez. I came to love the group which added to my motivation. Besides getting to see Ateez in person, I was also excited because I knew this was a great opportunity. My future career as a music video director and video editor would inevitably be successful. I would be set for life.

(End of flashback)

I began planning my trip to Mapo-gu, Seoul. All my travel expenses were paid for by the company which was nice. I even got to stay in a nearby apartment for free. As I started thinking about the internship, I felt nervous. I just hoped I would do a good job and people would like me. I also wondered what Ateez would think of me.

Smiling, I looked at Ateez profiles again. I had learned their names and gotten to know them through watching their shows, but I didn't have a bias or anything. Honestly, I liked them all.