Promise

(Yeosang's POV)

After talking to Yunho and Jongho for a bit, I quickly went back to the lounge room. When I entered, the room was empty...

I furrowed my brows in confusion. 'Where did she go...?' I thought. 'I hope she didn't just leave without saying goodbye...'

Then realization hit me and I checked the time on the clock. She probably had to leave for work. 'I should've known her break was nearly over... I didn't realize how much time past.'

Feeling a bit down that I didn't get to say goodbye to (y/n), I sat on the couch and stared at my Hehetmon drawings. Looking at the incomplete drawing of the members as Hehetmon, I decided it was good enough to finish. I worked on it a bit more before realizing group practice would start soon. I cleaned up the table, putting all the art supplies away and my Hehetmon drawings in a stack. I would pick them up later to take to the dorm. I lifted the drawing I was working on to place it on the top of the stack when light shown through the slightly translucent paper, revealing some writing on the back.

I flipped the paper over to see a written message.

"Sorry I had to leave for work. I had fun drawing with you. Maybe we can talk more over text? If you don't think that's a good idea, it's okay. I understand.
-(y/n)"

My eyes froze on the phone number below the message. With my heart pounding and fingers trembling, I quickly pulled out my phone.

I knew I technically wasn't allowed to save her number in my contacts, but I didn't think twice. I couldn't pass up this opportunity. As long as I was extremely careful, I could probably get away with texting her. I wasn't dumb enough to text her at work, so I decided I would wait until I got to the dorm. I would text her just before I go to sleep, and maybe no one would notice. Excitement coursed through me just thinking about my plan.

I entered her number in as a new contact and thought about what to put for her name. I couldn't just use her real name. Then if her text popped up on my screen and someone saw, all would be discovered which wouldn't be good obviously. I needed to give her a code to protect her identity. I thought hard, wanting to use something meaningful to me. Deciding that using an emoji would be safe, an idea came to mind.

'With (y/n)'s bright personality, she's just like... like a star,' I thought to myself. I chose the star emoji and entered it in. 'There.'

I looked at her completed contact feeling satisfied with myself and then put my phone back in my pocket.

***

In the main practice room, I had practiced choreography for a few hours with the rest of the members. The thoughts in my head were scrambled. There was a lot to think about.

We all took a little break. I sat against the wall to rest and sort myself out.

(Y/n)'s question from earlier echoed in my conscience. 'S-So... do you think Hongjoong likes me? Like... like... could he have feelings for me?'

I sighed, closing my eyes. Flashbacks of Hongjoong flirting with (y/n) filed into my mind. At first I felt bitterness, but I shook away the feeling and tried to relax.

'He likes her the same as I do...' I thought. 'I can't really be mad at him. Who wouldn't like (y/n) anyways? I shouldn't be surprised.'

I then smiled a bit, thinking about the time I had just spent with her today. She was adorable as always... her eyes shining and full of joy. I could scarcely hold in the excitement I felt from being with her. In fact, I didn't hide it much at all... I let myself be vulnerable with her, telling her how I enjoy having her around.