Game Night

(Yunho's POV)

Back at the hotel, I went to visit San and Wooyoung in their room. I had some things I wanted to discuss with San.

"Hey San... Can we talk?" I asked.

"Sure. Does Wooyoung need to leave?" He replied.

"No, he can stay."

I sat next to San on his bed and began voicing my thoughts. "So... I was really surprised when you said you would support Yeosang and (y/n). Didn't you say earlier you wanted to "end their relationship"?"

"What??" Wooyoung spoke up, surprised.

San sighed and avoided eye contact. "Well I didn't necessarily say that's what I wanted. I was saying that if we don't end their relationship, it could be threatening to our group. But honestly, I have pretty mixed feelings. I guess in the moment Hongjoong asked me what I think, I... I couldn't bring myself to say anything that would hurt Yeosang. I saw him standing by (y/n) on the ocean shore and I thought, 'Wow... Jongho might be right. It would be so hard to be the ones to ruin that...'"

"But you still disagree with what they're doing?" I pressed.

"Yes, I disagree. But I don't think I want to stop them. I meant what I said. I'll support their decision. And you know I have a soft spot for Yeosang... Like I said before, I want him to be happy."

"That's really confusing, San," I said.

San laughed and said, "Yes, well... This whole situation is confusing!"

"But I get it... because I feel the same way. I honestly was planning on just stating that I'm not okay with it once it was my turn to speak. But then I heard what you said and... I don't know. I guess I had a change of heart. I want to be there for Yeosang. Still... I have this feeling like... we want to protect him right? But are we really protecting him in the long run? The longer his relationship with (y/n) goes on, the more likely it is he'll get caught."

"Yes, but we are protecting him in the long run!" Wooyoung said all of a sudden. "Are you guys crazy?? There's no way we could force them to break up if we wanted to! What would we do? Say, "Hey Yeosang, we all decided your relationship with (y/n) is bad for the group so you need to break up with her." Do you really think he would just agree? Think about it this way... Yeosang had to put so much effort into, first of all, just getting together with her! And then keeping it a secret from everyone, including me? It's so obvious he cares about (y/n) a lot and look... he KNOWS the risks! He's not stupid! So all we can do is support him. I'm glad you both realized that much at least, but also, think about how much this might actually help Yeosang. With all of us working together, we can help keep his secret safe. We can protect him. That's what our leader Hongjoong said, right? We should trust him!"

Wooyoung was fuming with passion by the end of his rant. San and I looked at each other, a bit taken aback.

Then there was a knock on the door. San got up to open it, and Yeosang walked in.

"I heard yelling, so... I decided to stop by and well... Wooyoung, I heard what you said. Most of it I think..." Yeosang explained.

We were all silent. Yeosang came and sat on Wooyoung's bed. Then he spoke once more. "I think that... Hongjoong is supportive because if he were in my shoes, he would date (y/n) too. He would be doing exactly what I'm doing, so he understands me. As for everyone else... I get it if you don't understand. But remember what I said on the beach? I don't know what will happen in the future. Basically, even I am not completely confident with what I'm doing... And (y/n) doesn't know that but... I don't want her to know. I just want her to relax and enjoy being with me. I don't want her to stress out about it. So I've been telling her not to worry even though I'm very worried. You do realize I care about you all, right? I love my job, and I care about this group, so I understand your concerns. But I also care about (y/n)... If it came down to choosing between Ateez and (y/n), I'd be so torn!"