Confusion

(Yeosang's POV)

The next couple of days went by in a blur. Ever since I witnessed Hongjoong teaching (y/n) the choreography for "Answer," I couldn't help but keep an eye on the two. I thought they might be casually flirting with each other, but my mind could've been playing tricks on me.

The thing is, they always seemed to be together. I wanted to hang out with (y/n), but when I went looking for her, she would be with Hongjoong. I thought about saying something, but I couldn't bring myself to. I didn't want to start any conflict, and I definitely didn't want to hold anything against Hongjoong or (y/n).

'The only person I can be angry with is myself. Shame on me for thinking of (y/n) the way that I have...'

***

I was in my bed on Thursday night and the room was mostly dark.

I couldn't sleep.

I stared at the ceiling fan, watching the shadows of the blades rapidly spinning. I felt a chill.

'I guess I'll turn that thing off. So annoying...' I thought.

I yawned and then got up and turned the fan off, returning to bed.

After another failed attempt at falling asleep, I noticed that moonlight was seeping through the window.

'That must be why I can't sleep,' I thought, getting up to close the blinds.

I closed them and then trudged back to bed once again. My head felt heavy and I was tired. 'I'll be able to sleep now that the room is pitch black.'

Except I couldn't. I was mentally restless.

I kept having flashbacks of the events from the past three days.

(Y/n) dancing with Hongjoong...

Her soft eyes gazing into his...

Her cute laugh ringing throughout the room...

'She likes him, doesn't she?' I thought.

I sat up in distress, leaning over with my head in my hands.

'It doesn't matter. She can't date him anyways. That wouldn't happen,' I kept thinking to myself.

I threw my head back, clenching my jaw in frustration. 'But it does matter, because every time I see her, I just want to hold her and protect her from the world. I want to be that person in her life, but that's not reality. If she likes Hongjoong, she'll always be closer to him than me...'

'It hurts.'

I laid back down, contemplating how to go about this situation.

My eyes darkened and I realized what I had to do. 'If she likes Hongjoong, so be it. There's nothing I can do to change that really, and I can't control my emotions so...'

'I'll avoid her. The less I see her, the less pain I'll feel.'

***

(Your POV)

It was Thursday evening and I was at home, thinking about recent events as I ate dinner.

The last couple of days were... interesting. I could tell something was really off about Hongjoong. It felt like he was the only member I would see during my recreational time. He always found me before I had the chance to look for the others, asking me to keep him company as he practiced. Of course I enjoyed being around Hongjoong, but I missed Yeosang. I wanted to hang out with him too.