Right Here

~one week later~

(Yeosang's POV Cont.)

Every day, I would come across Jiyoung in the hallway by our practice rooms. When I asked her what she was doing, she always came up with some unlikely excuse. She would say things like, "I got lost," or "The restroom on this floor is the cleanest."

I knew her true intention was to try to talk to me. She would pace the hallway until I came out of my practice room. Then when I tried to convince her to go back to work, she wouldn't listen to me. Instead, she continued to try and hold a full conversation with me. I kept warning her that she'll get in trouble for visiting me, but she didn't seem to care.

I considered telling the manager, but I couldn't bring myself to. After all, he might just tell me it was karma for what I did with (y/n). I was afraid to face him, so I just put up with Jiyoung for now. I told myself that if she became any more persistent, then I would consider speaking up.

***

I went to bed early one night, tired after a long day, when Wooyoung came in the room and sat on his bed.

"Going to sleep already?" He asked me.

"Yeah..." I replied with a yawn.

"I was hoping to talk to you about something."

"Oh? What did you want to talk about?"

"Jiyoung."

I sat up in my bed and turned to face Wooyoung. "What about her?" I asked.

"I've seen you talking to her a lot. What is that about?"

"Nothing. Don't think anything of it."

"Too late. I already have. Yeosang, be honest... Do you like Jiyoung? She's very attractive with a charismatic personality... and she's head over heels for you."

"...Are you seriously asking me that? Wooyoung, of course I don't like Jiyoung. Like I said before, I'm still with (y/n). Listen..." My voice softened as I continued, "Sure, it might be more convenient to date Jiyoung, but (y/n) is the girl I'm in love with. You could offer me all the most beautiful women in this world, and I would still choose (y/n) without a doubt. I don't want anyone else."

"You really mean that, don't you..."

"Yes. I do."

"Then... why do you keep talking to Jiyoung so much?"

"I'd rather not talk to her if I'm honest, but she keeps making excuses to see me. I'm not sure what to do."

"I see... Well whatever you say, you cannot tell her you have a girlfriend or anything like that. She has no reason not to spread that information to the public over social media."

"Oh, I know. I'm not an idiot."

"Haha, I know you're not. I'm just looking out for you."

"Right... Thanks."

"You know I'm rooting for you and (y/n). I really hope you'll see her again some day."

"I hope so, too. I'm trying not to lose hope, but it's... a struggle."

"I understand. Well... I'll let you sleep now, Yeosang. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

***

The next day, I was in my practice room when the door opened and Jiyoung walked right in.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I'm just so bored," she whined.