Ocean Mist

(Your POV)

Surprised by Hongjoong's sudden compliment, I didn't know how I should respond. Just then, I looked up to see Yeosang standing in front of us with an irritated look on his face.

"(Y/n), come with me," he said calmly, forcing a smile.

"W-What...?" I stammered, confused and unsure.

"Just c'mon," he said, nodding towards the hotel.

I stood up and followed him.

"Using the restroom," Yeosang muttered to the staff on our way inside. He led me through the restaurant and to the empty lobby. We sat on a couch together.

"Yeosang, what's wrong?" I asked him.

"I think Hongjoong has been trying to flirt with you all day," he stated with a worried expression.

I sighed. "Yeah..."

"What did he whisper to you just now??"

"He... said I look pretty."

Yeosang sulked and his gaze dropped.

"Don't worry, Yeosang. I understand why this bothers you. It makes me uncomfortable too, but I don't know what I can do about it."

"You could tell Hongjoong you don't like him like that."

"I don't know... I'd rather not have to tell him that unless he confesses to me or something. Besides, I don't know for sure what his intentions are. It would be so awkward if we're wrong about this."

"Don't you think after everything we've seen, his intentions are pretty obvious? He's been trying to win you over this whole time."

"You're probably right... But honestly, I'd like to at least keep the friendship I have with Hongjoong. I don't want to say something that could ruin it. Do you think... he would be understanding if we tell him we're together?"

"We can't do that. Not until we have no other choice."

I nodded in agreement. We couldn't risk exposing our relationship. "Then... I guess there's not much I can do right now," I stated.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)," Yeosang said suddenly.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I overreacted... and now I don't even know how to explain myself when we rejoin everyone. I acted on impulse and dragged you in here when I should've just waited to text you about it tonight."

"Hey, it's alright... On the bright side, we're getting some time alone together," I said cheekily.

Yeosang's eyes gleamed. He scanned the room before pressing his lips against mine. I nearly gasped at the sudden contact.

Then his lips traveled to my neck, and he kissed it softly.

"O-Okay, you should s-stop before someone sees!" I whispered.

At that, Yeosang pulled away and stood up. He then offered his hand and helped me off the couch.

"Hongjoong is right. You do look pretty," Yeosang stated.

I felt my face heat up and bit my lip to suppress a smile. "Thank you," I said bashfully.

I then took a deep breath to calm down and appear presentable. I followed Yeosang back out to the patio where everyone was busy singing with Jongho.

Too immersed in the song, no one gave a second thought to our return, and it seemed like Hongjoong decided to just ignore us. We sat down by each other on an empty bench and enjoyed the sound of Jongho's guitar.