Chapter 86

Lord Shangrao County Shouwang has been unable to eat for many days and restless in bed. When he learned that there were a large number of migratory locusts in Guanyang County under his jurisdiction, he immediately arranged for manpower to catch them, but the locusts flew extremely fast, they were not big, and couldn't easily catch them!

A few days later, the number of migratory locusts gradually increased and spread to nearby villages, causing hundreds of mu of corn to be damaged in several villages in Guanyang County. The yield of corn per mu of more than 500 mu was reduced by 30%, and the yield of more than 300 mu was reduced by 40%!

The locust team is growing day by day, and the pace of advance is endless. Now the locust plague has spread to six counties including Luoshui County, Yunlai County, near Guanyang County, and there is a trend of further spread!

Thinking of the fact that in the last years of the previous dynasty, a large-scale famine caused by a locust plague led to the destruction of the country, how to prevent the worsening of the disaster was stuck in his heart like a brick, and he couldn't breathe heavily.

I don't know how he plans to deal with his memorial after reading it. Will he send someone down?

"My lord!" Suddenly there was an official yelling loudly, the voice was as annoying as the cicadas on the tree.

If he had been reprimanding the Ya Ya for being reckless in the past, but now...

After sighing, Lord Wang lifted his eyelids and glanced at him listlessly: "Why are you so flustered?"

"My lord! The imperial commissioner sent by the imperial court is here!" Ya Ya's flushed face was full of excitement.

what? Master Wang was startled, stood up abruptly, eagerly grasped the Ya Ya, and asked with a trembling, "Where is the person?"

"Just waiting outside the door! It's a young official, escorted by the imperial army." Ya Ya said with joy and joy.

When Master Wang heard this, the ecstasy in his heart was suddenly discounted. Young official? Can young people have experience in controlling locusts?

Although hesitated in his heart, the emperor sent him no matter how young he was. He could not neglect, so he quickly greeted him.

Outside the yamen, there was a group of men and women, one of whom was wearing a red official uniform.

Lord Wang quickly looked at the young man, and his suspicion was even greater. This imperial commission is too young! And it's still an unseen face!

"I have seen Lord Wang! In Shen Yan, I was ordered to come to Shangrao County to treat the locust plague." Shen Yanbei took out the imperial edict and let the other party look at it.

Lord Wang's eyes brightened. This person is Shen Yan? Isn't Shen Yan the champion of the new division, the celebrity in front of the emperor? Have you been sent to Liuyang County for disaster relief before? This is from Liuyang County?

Lord Wang immediately developed a sense of confidence in his heart, and after confirming that the imperial decree was correct, he politely bowed his hands: "You have missed far away! You have missed away!"

Shen Yanbei didn't talk nonsense with him, and straightforwardly asked him to take himself to the counties and towns infested by locusts.

In the expansive cornfield, the leaves of the corn have been eaten up by the locusts, leaving only the bare corn stalks and the corn cobs that have not yet grown full. Shen Yanbei frowned, and after asking about the expansion range of the locust, he rushed over without stopping.