Chapter 88

The autumn wind is bleak, the banners are hunting, and the drums are ringing. The general in silver armor waved coldly to reap the enemy's lives, and scattered around him were recruits who had been on the battlefield twice. Some of the recruits had already got red eyes and saw the enemy rushing forward without fear, some were so afraid that they couldn't lift a knife and were chased by the enemy.

In the previous two times, they were responsible for guarding the grain and protecting the flanks when the barbarians came to harass, and they did not fight the barbarians head-on. This time, the general gave an order to let Guo Gong Shizi lead them to intercept the barbarous squad of cavalry, and this was to fight the enemy head-on.

Since these days, the two armies have been fighting each other, but everyone knows that this is just the beginning. The barbarians are very cunning. Every time they send out thousands of cavalry to attack them with great momentum. As a result, his mother just throws a few arrows and runs away, which is very annoying!

Such fictitious reality is true and false, I am afraid that one day, like the story of the wolf coming, they will be overwhelmed by the army when they are tired and relaxed.

"Ah!" Amid the chaos, a recruit suddenly screamed, the pain in his back made him stagger, and the whole person knelt and crawled to the ground.

A stick flew over from a distance and pierced through the barbarian's body that was chasing behind him. The force was so powerful that it dragged the man off the horse. The horse that had lost its rider continued to run forward, and was about to rush towards the wounded recruit.

The recruit's eyes widened in horror, despair pouring out of them. The sudden change made him too late to react, so he could only accept his fate and wait for death.

A figure suddenly dropped from the sky, and the silver-white armor reflected dazzling light under the scorching sun. The cold-faced man who fell on the horseback mountain tightly grasped the reins, the horse neighed, and raised his front hoofs high...

"If you don't want to die, take the knife in your hand and chop off the enemy's head. If next time I can only ask someone to send your relics back to your family." Gu Changfeng said calmly and drove over. , Inserting himself into the barbarian cavalry. Suddenly blood spewed out, and the cavalry died completely.

The recruits watched him rush into the barbarian cavalry again like an invincible blade, tears filled his eyes for a moment, and he couldn't stop crying.

He was so afraid of death that he couldn't hold a knife at all, but the general was right that if he didn't want to die, he should kill the enemy. As long as the enemy is dead, he doesn't have to die!

Regardless of the injury on the back, the recruits held the handle of the knife with trembling hands and propped up.

There are many recruits like him. Some recruits even pretended to be dead because they were afraid. As a result, they were not killed by the enemy but were shot or trampled by horseshoes and died. What's more, they were discovered by the enemy and brutally killed.

At the beginning, Gu Changfeng would still be angry and hate it, but he would be a little numb with more times. He has only one person and can't take care of everyone at all. Some people have saved him the first time or the second time, but the third time he is still like this..., he will also be exhausted, exhausted, and weak.

At this time, Gu Changfeng really realized the meaning of Tai Qigang's words, but when he saw his soldiers in danger, he couldn't help but lifted his horns and stabbed the enemy to a chill.

It is natural to be afraid of death, and no one is not afraid of death. He couldn't force them, but he could change their minds bit by bit, trying to arouse their fighting spirit.