03-Family

Zain Malik

I carefully tiptoe towards the kitchen where my mom is cooking delicious breakfast for us. But even after acting like a professional CID she calls me in a warning tone telling me with that voice to not disturb her "Zain"

I wrap my arms around her waist all of a sudden feeling greedy for mothers love but she being being the rude women elbows my stomach poking my abs.

"Ouch mamma, that hurts" I yelp but tell her something which is not true only to gain some attention even after growing up in adult I did not change into that silent ones I still annoy my mother "I should be hissing not you" she turns to glare at me before rubbing her elbow.

"Don't come and disturb me while I am cooking Zain" she sho-es  me away again.

"Mom" I sulk before back hugging her and resting my chin on her shoulder  "I'm in pain"

"Should I bring you a wife to heal your pain, hm?" even though I don't see her face I can tell that she is grinning, I roll my eyes but still reply playfully.

"Yes please, That sounds good" I reply back with a chuckle "Well, Someone is desperate to get married here?" There comes my annoying sister she is the most annoying but also a little bit caring sister. Inaya.

"Get lost, I am talking to my mom" I use the tone which pisses her off , shooing her away but hear mamma's warning voice " Zain"

"See Mamma, see with your eyes how he is talking to me! He always does this" she side hugs the women who is getting annoyed since we aren't letting her cook, while Inaya comes back with her never ending complaining list.

"Zain stop disturbing her" Ammi mumbles distracted and I find Inaya sticking her tongue out, still behaving like a kid when mother show them attention.

"Yeah yeah she is showing you more love so you won't feel adopted" I pat her head and walk away before she could throw something on me.

"Mom!" I don't know why but I feel a rush of satisfaction when I irritated and annoy my sister.

I live in a joint family with grand parents and parents. I have an elder brother named Zaid, he is married and has a cute little son named Saif and Huma is my one and only favourite sister in law.

I also have a younger brother Zahid he is 15 and a younger sister Inaya she is 17 years old we are in total four. So yeah Alhamdulillah I am living a happy life.

"Breakfast is ready!!" I hear my mom calling us from the dining room, I pick my 2 years old nephew in my arms who is playing with my keys on my lap as I head towards the dining area.

*****

My dad clears his throat asking for everyone's attention when we were so indulged in the breakfast "Attention please" he smiles at us which we return since he looks happy.

"I know a girl who is very respectful, beautiful, decent, and also the sweetest one I've ever seen . Her name is Jannat, I and your mom wants her to be our daughter in law" he speaks with his eyes on me.

I feel like a big weight has dropped in the pit of my stomach, and my heart literally flips at this talk, and when everyone stares at me it gets more worse, I shift in my place uncomfortably not liking this attention.