24 | Betrayed

My breathing gets uneven and my insanely beating heartbeat is pounding in my ears.

Standing in the middle of the room I only stare at the door waiting for the knocks to stop but it only gets impatient.

Rushing towards the table I search for something that would injure someone but would not kill them.

Emptying the case I quickly grab it and I move towards the door.

I press my ear against the door when the pounding stops and just when I thought whoever was knocking left, my heart screams and I almost faint when loud knocks and the my phone rings at the same time.

Pressing my hand against my chest I breathe out, but my eyes only burns in fear.

It's okay I can do it. I'll open the door and knock the persons head really hard.

Reciting all the Dua's I've learnt in my 20 years of existence, my hand slowly creeps towards the lock, goodness I am even reciting the bathroom supplication in fear.

Slapping my forehead mentally, I straighten myself.

" A-uzu billahi minash shaitaan nirajeem" it never stops rolling off my tongue, I don't know why the moment I open I scream on top of my lungs (in hopes of scaring them) but when a scream of a girl echoes with mine and white light flashes my screams actually turns into a real one, running into the room I search for a place to hide.

Ghost! They have ghost in their house! Who died here?! Who is that spirit!

Hiding behind the curtains I tremble in fear, I am surprised I didn't get an heart attack yet.

Or maybe this is how heart attacks feel because I am no where stable!

"Where is it?! Bhabhi!" Huh? I peek through the curtains to find a paled out ready to faint Inaya finding a place to hide.

"Behind me?! Above me?! Near me—Astaghfiruallah! Where?!" She screams running into the room.

My eyes widens in the size of a globe when I find Inaya's thick duvet wrapped around herself and a torch in her hand.

Goodness it was Inaya—shit!

"Don't come near me! I swear I know all the Supplications! I am a good girl!" She yells looking completely terrified.

"Oh god it's behind the curtains" she drops her torch light, looking at me who is behind the curtain, with wide eyes as if anytime the ghost will jump on her.

The way she is yelling I am sure neighbors are going to kill me before the ghost does.

"Inaya" I call out warning her as I come out so sue doesn't throw anything at me.

"Bhabhi! Come here come here Jinn is in your room!" I like an evil had to hold back my laughter because it is so damn funny.

Her expressions are hilarious.

"Inaya I am sorry I thought your the ghost" all the voice drops and she freezes and looks at me with wide eyes and awkward silence fills the room.

"I am forgiving you just because you gave me your chocolate milkshake, the way you scared the living lights out of me forgiveness was not even a chapter to start about" Inaya narrows her eyes at and I give her an awkward guilty smile.