05-Meeting

I am sitting on the couch in between two unknown people, looking down the whole time not able to meet anybody's eyes, I just noticed the carpet has so many minor designs and it is beautiful I wonder how much time they took to made this.

The carpet looks more interesting to stare at than anybody's eyes. What else can I do? Sitting here awkwardly hearing their loud laugh not a single word is registering in my mind as if I came from another planet, my palms are sweating out of nervousness and my heart is thumping in my chest, Aayath is no we're to be seen probably helping others to arrange things and I'm here all alone with these elders.

"Jannat ?" A soft voice calls me out and I am so close to fainting when I realise it was that person who introduced me as my future mother in law a few minutes ago.

Are they going to take my interview now?

What questions are they going to ask me. I force my self to softly smiled at her "yes?" I asked as soft as I can, didn't want to sound rude or rough the first time "Your hands are shaking darling" she notices something I was trying to hide, that is the biggest problem I have, my hands automatically tremble when I am nervous or scared.

I quickly look down fiddling my finger and trying my best to act cool which was not happening. She took my hands in her I looked up to see everybody staring at me, their stares were making my situation even worse.

She stands up and my eyes widens double my size, my inner self troubling me with questions what did I do? Is she going to shout at me? What if she says I have some type of problem or disease because my hands are shaking? What if she insults me in front of everyone!

My mind was bombarding me with questions my thoughts were cut off when she pulled me up carefully and placed her hand on my arm "I want to talk to my daughter in law, can I take her to her room" she wants to what- she wants to talk to me, what will she say, calm down Jannat she does not look that strict calm down it is better not to get insulted in front of everyone.

"Yeah yeah she is all yours take her, that way" my aunt says excitedly and shows her the way to my room which she thanked her with a smile, my mind again starts killing me and troubling me with different unwanted questions did I clean my room? I remember throwing my bag on my bed and my wet towel — ya Allah she is going to think me as an untidy person.

We entered the room silently, I was still fiddling with my finger when she made me sit on the bed as she sat in front of me I took a deep breath readying myself to break my heart.

"Look at me," she speaks softly, I did as she told and she gives me the best soft assuring and genuine smile which can calm any girls heart.

"I see my girl is nervous" she chuckles before continuing.

"That happened with me too. You look just like me I was as nervous as you, yeah you are more beautiful than me but other than that you and I are the same, you know you don't need to be scared of me I swear I am not gonna bite, I don't eat human beings" she whispered the last sentence in an attempt to make me smile which Ofcourse happens I forget that she is my mother in law and I had to keep that posture and giggle at her humorous sentence.

"I don't want to be a typical type old fashioned mother in law who thinks his son is the best out of all and how he got so many proposals before or I don't want to be that type of mother in law who itch to comment on everything how to dress up or down, how you should do you hair, how you should chop veggies and pointing out on everything they do - ya Allah I seriously don't get how they deal with this type of mother-in-law, don't worry darling I am not at all like that" I bite my lips to not show my teeth at how open and cute she is being.

"Also that bossy type mother in law who sets ways and rules and makes no room for adjustment and her speech usually contains orders on what you should do and what you shouldn't, how can they be like that it will probably feel like you are in military around her, my baby don't worry I am not like that "she again smiles brightly which makes me giggles, I am actually at ease now.