Unfamiliar Terrain

(Y/N)

     This went on for a few weeks. I would watch them from afar in the morning until I got bored and went home.

     I have been training Aster, though. He's turning out to be quite the good boy. Just last night he managed to wake me up when a zombie had found a way past the walls around my cabin and was threatening to break down my door. Not only that, when I took him to the tundra to look for some berries he managed to bring down two rabbits, feeding us for the day. For being so tiny he is quite the force to be reckoned with.

     For the past week the Tommy kid has been alone. Like, completely. It doesn't seem like Ghostbur or the one I have learned to be named Dream, hasn't been visiting him as much. When Dream does, however, he blows up a bunch of Tommy's stuff. Which I find very... weird. The explosions can be heard all the way at my cabin as well and poor Aster is getting spooked. Not to mention, it's scaring away the wild life. One of the reasons I had to go all the way to the tundra to get something to eat. I realized I actually haven't been over there in a while, honestly Dream scares me.

     Now, I am walking towards the village I pass through when going to spy- visit, Tommy. Now that I think about it I sound like quite the creep, but I only want the assurance of me and Aster's safety. I glanced up at the sun as I was walking, when I hear a weird breathy noise with a strange demonic hint to it. I glanced forwards and saw that someone had fixed the ruined Nether portal. It's purple swirls mingling with one another and drawing me in, as small purple stars floated down.

     I stared at it.  I've found books, throughout my travels, speaking of the Nether. It was located below the bedrock and was a literal hell scape. All sorts of mobs lived down there, many being able to harness the power of fire. Not to mention, it had literal oceans of lava that stretched as far as the eyes could see. To top it all off, if you were to catch fire then you couldn't even place water to cool off. It would evaporate immediately. Not many people who venture inside for a long enough time ever return.

     I shivered as I walked forwards, grazing the obsidian with my hands. I reached out and watched as my hand wavered in the purple hue. I popped my iron helmet out of my backpack and plopped it on my head before stepping up and standing on the bottom two obsidian blocks. I watched in awe as my vision slowly turned hazier and more purple until it began to fade again.

     I leaned out and was immediately met with a gust of heat to my face. I then stepped down carefully onto the strange and slightly springy redish brownish substance on the floor.

     "This must be netherack..." I thought out loud as I took a few more steps forwards. I glanced up only to be very confused. "Why the hell are there oak logs here? These will burn..." I walked to a wall and mined a few of the netherack with my pick before walking back, going to make the path safer by replacing the oak with this obviously safer material.

     "Who the fuck are you?!" asked an all to familiar yell.