Stubborn

(Y/N)

"God damn it. Can't you hold still for just a moment? You're driving me insane!" I groaned when he would keep fidgeting while I tried to re-wrap the bandages for his wound.

     He lolled his head to the side and rolled his shoulder away from my hand hands. "What are you going to do about it?" I leaned forwards and he plopped himself until he was lying with his back in the grass. "Plus, I feel fine."

      I glared and gently grazed his shoulder with my fingers, smirking ruefully when be flinched. "'Plus, I feel fine,'" I mocked mimicking his voice.

      "I do not sounds like that! Besides no ones going to touch my shoulder." He pouted slightly.

      "Didn't that Dream guy give your shoulder a death-grip when he threatened you the other day?" He flinched again at the mere thought. "I thought so."

      He huffed, "I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're so annoying."

      I rolled my eyes. "Says you after spending nearly an hour avoiding my help!"

      "I just don't want to be an annoyance, idiot."

       I blinked. "Did you really think that you're being annoying for needing help?"

      "What? I've almost always done things by myself or with the help of my ex-best friend so I'm not used to it. I'm sorry," he spat sarcastically, sitting up and crossing his arms.

      "You're dumber than I thought." I glanced upwards through the branches of the trees to see that night was falling.

      "I-. What? You're so rude!"

      I hummed a small 'mhm' before getting to my feet. "Do you mind watching the stuff? It's almost nightfall and I want to set up camp soon."

       "Why? Finally gave up trying to help me?"

       "Nope. I'm just going to find a safer place to do it. Can't have zombies and skeletons harassing us, now can we?"

       "Yeah, I guess that's true. Why can't I come with you to do whatever you're doing though?"

      "Do you want to come with some one so annoying as me?" I mocked his earlier words.

       "I didn't really mean it..."

      I giggled, "I know. I'm going to look for a cave. I guess it would be easier if you came along. Then I don't have to come back and get you." I slung my satchel over my shoulder and grabbed my weapons as well as a fee of Tommy's things.

"Hey, give me my stuff," he whined.

"Nope. I'm helping."

"No you're not. You're being annoying."

"Why do you hate it when I help?"

"I already told you."

"And I told you you're not annoying to help at all so suck it up. You befriended me and now you're stuck with me. Get used to it or you're in for one hell of a ride." With that, I turned and started walking towards a small hill that will hopefully have some small caves.

Tommy didn't reply but I heard quick feet catch up to me. I bet he made some snarky comment under his breath though.

After a few minutes of walking I saw a small tunnel up ahead. I marched towards it, expecting it once I neared. It was perfect.

It started off quite narrow and hard to see and when I stepped inside I wound around into a small cave. The cave area was just about big enough for two people to fit comfortably, which was fortunate for Tommy and I.

"Tommy, c'mon! This place is perfect."

"Alright," he mumbled following me in.

I pressed myself against the wall to give him enough room to crawl into the cave before me. "Go on. I'm going to start a fire here to block any mobs."

He squeezed past me and nodded, "Good idea."

Once he was in he sat leaning against a wall as I pulled out some wood and flint from my inventory. I placed the wood at the entrance from which we entered and hit the flint with Tommy's iron sword till the sparks ignited the wood below. Once the fire was satisfactory I crawled over to sit beside Tommy, rummaging though my bag in search of medical supplies.

      "Ugh, not right now I'm tired," he groaned, batting lazily at me when he saw I was holding the bandages.

      "Yes right now. The faster you let me the faster you can sleep."

      "Fine!" I turned in satisfaction as he bared his shoulder for me. "Okay, you can turn around now," he mumbled after a moment.

     I leaned over and unwrapped the bandages, wetting a cloth with water from my bottle. I then gently patted the wounds as Tommy winced and hissed. Once that was done I wrapped new and clean bandages around his shoulder and tied it down.

      "There, that wasn't so bad."

      He made small 'humph' sound and pushed me away again. "Just look away so I can get dressed and stop being cold." I smiled at his poutines and did as he requested.

      Once he gave me the okay I turned back around to see him huddled against the wall nearest to the fire. "Hey, Tommy. Did you bring your jacket I gave you?"

      He looked down, "No, I forgot."

      I rolled my eyes and shrugged my jacket off, "Dummy. Here, you can use mine as a blanket."

      He looked at me with a worried expression, "Are you sure? Won't you get cold?"

     I shrugged, "Doesn't really bother me." I waved it towards him again until he took it. "Besides, I have long sleeves."

      He nodded and wrapped it around his body as best he could. After a few minutes soft snoring could be heard and his head lulled to the side.

      I smiled, "Goodnight."