Mutually Friends

(Y/N)

    I jumped and turned to see the Tommy boy standing by the portal in his slightly torn T-shirt. "Shit... uh, well, you see..." I trailed off, not knowing how to put it in words.

     He glared at me. "Are you some new member of the SMP coming here to mock me?"

     I tilted my head in confusion, "SMP? I don't even know where that is and why would I mock you? I was just exploring."

     "Mhm. Sure," he mumbled at me, still skeptical.

     I simply sighed in response and placed the netherack over the logs.

     "Who do you work for?" I never really realized since I've only heard him yelling from a far but he has a really nice accent.

     "No one. I live alone. You actually intruded on my land."

     "That's kind of my thing, I'll have you know," he mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "You know I could stab you right now."

     "Why? I'm not doing anything to you. No need to be so rude."

     "I'm not rude! I'm simply protecting my area!"

"Fine, I'll head back to the overworld. It's too hot here anyway," I said as I hopped up onto the portal and stuck my tongue out at him.

Once the purple mist cleared and I stepped out onto the grass I was so used to I started walking towards the sea. What a rude kid, this is my land and if he want's to have that kind of attitude I will also be an ass.

I walked about halfway to his camp when I heard rapid footsteps behind me. "What?" I called, knowing it was Tommy.

He panted slightly, "I'm sorry for being rude, I'm just in a bad place right now. Can we start over?" he mumbled half heartedly.

     I turned, slightly surprised. I want to be mean but having a friend wouldn't be all that bad, considering the only other being that was regularly in my life was Aster and he's not much of a conversationalist. I looked at the apologetic boy for a moment longer before letting out a sigh. "Fine. My name is (Y/N). Nice-" I cut myself off, not wanting to come across as a creep. "What's your name?"

     "I'm Tommy," he said, smiling as he reached out a hand which I took and shook firmly. Don't want to come across as weak, now do I?

     "So," I started, wanting to make conversation. "You live in that tent?" I pointed towards the white tent near the shore.

     He nodded grimly, "Yeah. It's more of a vacation home, though. I'm not staying here for long."

     "Oh. Sorry, I didn't know it was a touchy subject."

     He turned to me, "Oh! It's alright. I've just been pretty upset for the past few days."

     I nodded, "I would be to if someone was setting bombs off right by my house."

     "Yeah. Wait. How do you know about the TNT Dream is setting off?!"

     I pointed behind him, towards my cabin. "I live in the woods not too far from here. I can hear it all the time."

     He glanced back before looking down. "Oh, right. Forgot you lived near by. I hate Dream more than anyone. If I could stop him I would..."

     I tilted my head. "Why do you hate him? It seems like him and Ghostbur are the only people who visit you. I mean, I under-"

     "What the fuck?!" he yelled. "I'll have you know that I have many friends. They are all just too busy taking care of L'Manburg to come visit."

     I took a step back. "S-sorry," I mumbled. "Didn't mean to strike a nerve."

     "What did you think would happen? You just called me lonely."

     I laughed slightly, "At least you can talk to people. I've been living by myself since I can remember. My only friend is a wolf."

     Tommy glanced at me and raised a brow. "Really? Are you actually living alone out there?"

     I nodded. "Yeah, the villagers don't like me very much either. Ever since I killed their golem and all."A look of pity crossed his eyes as he stared at me and I sighed, "It's not as bad as it sounds. I swear."

     He looked at me skeptically for a moment before his eyes lit up with an idea. "I will be your friend from now on! I'm in need of a friend to, so this is perfect. You're lucky y'know. All the women want to be my friend."

     I glanced around. "What women?"

     Tommy sighed, "They are not here. They simply call to me from far away."

     I nodded slowly, "Alright. That... makes sense."

     He chuckled quietly before beckoning me with his hand to follow him towards his tent. "C'mon. I'll show you around Logstedshire."