Enchantments

(Y/N)

      My head lulled to the side, eyelids fluttering desperately to close. I sat up abruptly, shaking my head. "No... must... stay... awake!" I slapped my cheek lightly, snapping my eyes open.

     "Eh? What what that?"

    Shoot. "S-sorry, Tommy. That was me. Go back to sleep."

    "Are you okay?" He sounded tired as he looked at me, a single eye cracked open.

    "Yes, of course I am."

    "Mmkay." He plopped back down, falling into slumber once more.

    I sighed. I want to sleep. Why does the Egg harass me so much? I mean I guess it's smart, on it's end. I can't go long without sleeping so no matter what I do it's unavoidable. I sighed, tucking my knees to my chest. I still hate it, though. It means I can't get away. "I'm trapped."

I sighed, reaching to my side and feeling the sheathed sword Techno gave me. I feel so honored.

A soft golden light began trickling into the room, hitting Tommy first as he lied directly across from the window. It highlighted his already yellow hair and I smiled. He looked so pretty.

Wait what. Why am I smiling?! He's my friend, nothing more.

A whimper, followed by a thud and a gasp from Tommy broke me from my confusing thoughts.

"Oh, Aster, I'm sorry, boy. I didn't mean to push you off the bed!"

He puppy growled, sleepily stumbling over to the foot of his bed, curling up next to Steve and went back to snoring away.

"Oh, c'mon." Tommy sigh, voice huskier than usual from sleep. "Oh, (Y/N). You're up early."

I nodded, rubbing at the spot between my eyes and cheeks. "No, yeah. I'm up early today."

He stared at me. "You don't look so good. Kind of tired like. Did you have another nightmare?"

I tried, and failed, to stifle a yawn. "No. I just didn't sleep."

He facepalmed. "You can't just do that."

"Yes I can."

"Did you really not sleep? At all?"

"Not one second."

"Why not?"

"What if I get another nightmare and I get that weird growth on my legs again?"

"True. You still need sleep, though." He blinked, staring off in thought. After a moment he came back to reality. "Would it help if I held you again? That seemed to make the nightmare stop last time."

    My cheeks involuntarily blushed. Why?! We're only friends! "Nah, it's okay."

    He looked like he wanted to say something more but then seemed mentally facepalm. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean that. I just wanted to help and I'm tired and-"

"It's okay. Stop worrying so much."

He nodded awkwardly, looking away. "Ok."

I glanced out the window, seeing the sun. The sky was clear and blue, lucky for us. "Techno said Phil's going to go somewhere today."

"Oh?" I heard him get up. "Where's he off to?"

"I don't know. Something about your old friends sending threats so Techno though. So maybe to L'Manburg?" I slowly looked back.