Beach Party

(Y/N)

       It was the next day and I was feeling much better. My head no longer hurt and my throat wasn't sore. I still felt generally fatigued but otherwise perfect.

      I was walking towards Tommy's house (well, tent), killing a few creepers who remained on the surface. It was a little past midday and so Aster came along with me. He was quiet and pattered by my side.

     I neared his area and looked around, spotting them on a distant beach. I grinned, seeing it was cheerfully decorated with little umbrellas and makeshift towels. Tommy was standing there in a rash guard and swim trunks, talking to Dream.

      "Tommy, you've been waiting all day. Why don't the two of us share the cake?"

      Tommy shook his head, rubbing his arm. "No." He smiled hopefully. "I know they'll come visit."

      I walked forwards, making my presence known by the crunching of sand under my shoes.

      Dream sighed but Tommy walked over quickly.

      "(Y/N)? What are you doing here? You should be resting."

      I shrugged, smiling, "Don't worry, I feel much better." I looked around, "Why didn't you invite me to this party?"

      He sighed, "I didn't want you to feel like you had to come. You were sick after all."

      I rolled my eyes, "Non sense. I wouldn't miss a party for the world. Mainly because I've never been to one but still," I muttered the last part.

      "Oh. Well, my friends from L'Manburg are coming over. Sure, they're a bit late but I'm sure they are coming!"

      "Oh! When was the party planned to start?"

      Dream cut Tommy off as the boy tried to wave off the question, "Two hours."

      I felt my brows furrow. "All of them are two hours late?"

      "Uh, yeah," Tommy said, glancing at the ocean. "It is a bit weird...

       "How did you invite them?"

       "Dream gave everyone invitations. The only different one was that Ghostbur was meant to tell Tubbo directly. I really wanted him here."

      I glanced at the green hooded man suspiciously, "Huh." I looked around. "Speaking of that anomaly, where's Ghostbur?"

       Tommy chuckled at my choice of words before looking somber again. "I'm not sure. He hasn't show up either."

       I hummed. "Well, it's a good thing I showed up then!" I walked over grinning as I tossed my right arm over Tommy's shoulder, startling the poor boy. "What kind of activities did you have planned for this party?"

       "I didn't have much planned..."

        "Okay, then why don't we..." I trailed off, moving away from the blonde as I thought. "Do fishing?"

        Tommy rolled his eyes. "That's not fun at all. Why don't we make sand castles."

       I felt my head tilt in confusion. "Sand... castles?"

       Surprise and amusement lit in his eyes as he let out a boyish giggle, "Well, (Y/N). Sand castles. Have you never heard of them before?"

       "No, what are they?"

       "Well, you make little structures out of sand."

       "Won't the sand... not stay in place, though?"

       "Not if you wet it first." He grinned, "I'll go get buckets so I can show you! Be right back!" Without giving me a chance to reply he had run off towards Tnret.

       "You two are awfully close."

      I turned, seeing Dream seated in his usual attire. He was looking up at me with his creepy mask. His hood was up despite the sun and his hands and feet were both covered by gloves or socks. What a weirdo.

       "Yeah! We've grown pretty close, considering neither of us really had many friends."

       Dream hummed. After a moment he spoke again. "Say, do you ever hear things, (Y/N)?"

       I raised a brow, looking at him. My mind immediately went to the cryptic voice that had helped me as a child. "No, not really. Why do you ask?"

       "No reason. Just curious," he replied, looking at his hands.

        "Do you hear voices?"

       He glanced at me, suddenly more interested. "Who ever said anything about voices?"

       "I..." I moved, slightly taken aback. "Well I just-"

       "I found the buckets, guys!" Tommy yelled, cutting through whatever atmosphere that was t Dream and I. Thank god.

       "Oh, great!" I said, smiling and turning away from Dream. "So, how do we make these sand castles?"