Mobs Have Feelings Too

(Y/N)

     It was weird taking this path with another person. It was only a day's trip and I left Aster at home with a whole deer so he will be fine. Tommy hummed quietly besides me as we trekked through the forest. It was an interesting tune, as if it was missing the words that went with it. A slow calming tune but also kind of sad. Curious.

     "(Y/N)?"

     I was snapped out of my pondering when a pale hand was waved in front of my face. I raised a brow and pushed it away, "What?"

     He pointed ahead of us to point out a Enderman, peacefully building a tower of dirt. "He might drop ender pearls."

     "Why would we need that?" I had a couple of the pearls at my house from when I killed them after they attacked me. This one seems peaceful, though and it'd be shame to kill him with no real need to. I suppose the argument could be made about all the animals I've killed over time but I needed them for food and they don't seem to have the same mental capacities as people. Occasionally I'll see Endermen do things that are very human like, such as showing emotions such as fear and anger. Once, I found a family of them when I was still traveling on my own. They feel things.

     "Have you ever thrown an ender pearl before? They can make you teleport, super useful in a battle or chase."

     "Yes, I know, but I don't want to kill an Endermen when he's done no wrong. They feel emotions just like us," I nodded my head towards the tall being who was yet to notice us.

     Tommy rolled his eyes, "Oh, please. Their mobs."

     I hummed, "Perhaps. Just wait and watch. It might do you some good to empathize with others."

     He muttered under his breath as we crouched down and watched the Enderman built his small tower. After a few minutes the blonde began to complain but I ignored him, watching intently.

     Suddenly, another Enderman appeared, tilting it's head towards the other. They began making sounds that sounded somewhat like gentle screams and breathes and soon the newer one walked up and nuzzled the other.

     If I had a camera I would've taken a picture of Tommy's shocked expression. It was priceless. His jaw hung open and stared with wide eyes. "What the fuck?" he breathed.

     I snickered, "I told you, now, let's leave the couple alone to their devices and continue on, shall we?" I got up and extended a hand towards him, careful not to look up at the Enderman so as not to anger them.

     Tommy also turned his eyes to the floor as he took my hand and I hoisted him up. "Thanks," he mumbled, still somewhat shocked.

     "For what?"

     "Showing me what ever that was. Now I'll never look at a mob the same way."

     I laughed, "Zombies and Skellies don't have feelings though. You can still hit them with a sword with no ill thoughts."

     "Wait, if you're willing to hurt a cougar to take it's teeth why not a possibly dangerous monster?"

     "Well, I always use all parts of the cougar while most of an Enderman's body is useless. Plus, Enderman don't always attack people. Cougars will."

     He was silent for a minute as we walked. "You're weird."

     "Thank you?"

     "Yeah, you should thank me."

     I laughed at that, what a strange kid.