Breakfast to Ease Your Worries

(Y/N)

     I woke up in a small blue bed. I felt some form of heat and the sizzling of cooking buzzed in the air. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, surveying my surroundings.

      I was inside the small hut in Logstedshire. The sizzling was coming from Tommy who sat cooking up some eggs for breakfast. Pale light flickered through the windows.

     Tommy turned towards me and smiled gently. His eyes were red and puffy from the tears he had been shedding. He was wearing the clothes I'd brought for him the night before as well. "I'm making scrambled eggs and bacon. I hope you'll like it." He was quieter than usual and I felt a pang in my heart. It seems his sadness spreads to me as well.

     "You okay...?" I asked tentatively, hopping out of the comfy bed and sitting besides him on the floor.

      He shrugged and looked back to the food. That's when I noticed the small glowing compass that hung around his neck with a small string.

     "What's that?" My curiosity took control and my hands reached out to grab it.

     "Don't. Touch. It." the blonde practically growled, glaring at me from the corner of his eye. He softened when he saw my apologetic look and sighed, "It's all I have left to hold on to. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you."

      "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried to grab it without asking..."

      There was a moment of silence before we both spoke at the same time, "You don't seem like yourself today."

      Tommy chuckled, as did I. "You first," again, we spoke at the same moment.

      There was a moment of awkwardness before Tommy spoke. This time I managed to keep quiet. "Guess we share the same brain cell, huh?" He said, smiling lightly which was a relief to me.

      "Yeah," I said, smiling right back. "Although I'm sure I have a fee more brain cells than you do."

      "Mhm, says the one who came to comfort me last night only to pass out outside. At least you're lighter than you look." He muttered, going back to moving the eggs around.

     I felt my face heat up, "What do you mean? You carried me back here?"

     He looked at me in amusement when he got up to grab the plates, "Well, duh. How else would I get you here? Magic?"

     "I guess. Still, you should've left me outside, what if your shoulder wounds opened up again?"

     He began dividing the food up and handed me a plate and some silverware. "And leave you to get eaten by zombies? Yeah, not happening."

     I huffed and poked at the food with the fork. "But your sh-"

     "Shut up, woman. I'd do anything to make sure you're safe," he responded nonchalantly, chewing on some egg.

     I felt the blood rush to my cheeks again and quickly looked down, stuffing my face with bacon. What was happening? Why was his overprotectiveness making me feel a warmth in my heart? It must be that I'm glad he's a caring friend. Yes. That's all. "Wow! This is really good, Tommy. Who knew you could actually cook?"

      He hummed, swallowing what was in his mouth, "That's good. I didn't know my cooking would be good, either."

      I laughed, "Wow, where's that self-confident Tommy gone?" I waved my fork at him, "Where did you hide him, you imposter?"

      He smiled, "You'll never know! My hiding skills are just too good for this world."

      I giggled, "Good, he's back."

      "Darn, my tactics have failed! You won't figure it out so easily next time!"

     We laughed at our silly jokes and continued eating our food. We sat in a comfortable silence when there was a knock at the door. Tommy got up and walked over, stiffening immediately after he saw the guest. Before I could question an all to familiar voice spoke up.

      "Hello, Tommy. Who's your new friend?"