Needy

(Y/N)

      "(Y/N)..." Tommy poked my cheek for the tenth time in the past few minutes. "I'm bored."

     "What do you want me to do?"

     "I don't know... what do you do when you're bored?"

      "I read books."

"Tell me a story."

I eyes him curiously. He seems to have gotten over our fight but it still bothered me. I still felt bad. "Not right now. I'm sorry, I can't think of any."

He widened his eyes, desperately trying to do puppy dog eyes. I smiled lightly, patting his shoulder, "I can see the effort but your puppy eyes need work."

He huffed, genuinely pouting now. Now it's hard to say no. "Aww, see, that's a cute face."

Tommy blinked, staring at me for a moment before swatting at me with one hand, the other trying to cover his reddening face. "Shut up!"

I grinned teasingly, "Awww, that blush makes you even cuter."

He giggled, amused and embarrassed, "Fuck off!"

I know he meant it in a friendly way but I still flinched. He said that yesterday when he was upset at me.

"(Y/N)?" He lowered his hand, his face was still red from the blush but he looked worried. "Did I hurt your feelings?"

I smiled but I knew he saw it was forced, "No, I'm just being sensitive."

He didn't even hesitate before placing a hand on my shoulder and looking into my eyes, scooting closer. "What's wrong?"

"I just..." I sighed, blowing a strand of hair out of my face. "You told me to fuck iff yesterday. I know you were just kidding when you said it just now but I still feel bad."

"Oh, (Y/N)," he tisked. "You shouldn't feel bad anymore. I already forgave you and so it's a done issue." He paused, thinking for a moment. "Unless you feel hurt from something, that is."

"No, I don't feel hurt."

"Okay, good." I felt him smiling at me so I raised my head and looked him in the eyes.

Bad idea, bad idea! He was so close to me. Our noses were practically brushing. When did he get this close. I realized his blush hadn't gone away quite yet and my own face began heating up.

I was practically paralyzed in place and we just sat there for a few seconds.

"W-well," he stuttered, glancing down from my eyes slightly. "Um, yeah. Good. Glad you're not hurt." He pulled away and looked at the wall.

My blush deepened, if possible, when I realized what just happened. Suddenly the fabric of the couch was really interesting. "Yeah."

He was quiet for a moment. "We're still friends." It was quiet, more like he was talking to himself. I felt my heart ache a little, right. Just friends.

A silence filled the room until the soft pitter patter of paws running down the stairs alerted us of the animals. Aster walked towards us, stopping every-so-often to make sure Steve was following him. Once they reached us the slightly older pup looked at me expectantly.

"What's up, boy?" I smiled, leaning down and scratching his ear. Steve, being bigger, climbed up between Tommy and I, resting his head on my thigh. I grinned, using my other hand to stroke the side of the bear cubs face. "Did you two was scratches?" I goggled out in my 'talking to cute animals' voice.

I heard Tommy huff, "What about me?"

I smiled, nodding to Steve. "I'm sure Stevey would like you to scratch his chin."

Tommy grinned, tapping his head, "No, I want affection to."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, wow. Suddenly I have to take care of all the boys in this house."

"Just a kiss?" Tommy tapped his right cheek, grinning playfully.

I sighed, he says we're just friends but asks for a kiss. Wow, is this what friends do nowadays? I leaned over Steve's white body and pecked Tommy's cheek lightly. "There."

I pulled back and he just stared at me in pure shock. "What? Did I do something wrong?" Shit, was I not supposed to?

"No, I just didn't think you'd actually do it."

"Oh," I laughed, nervous. "Was I not supposed to?"

He shrugged, "Nah, I like it." He smiled, petting Steve's belly that was exposed. "Now I get why Aster and Steve come to you for pets."

I laughed, pulling Aster up to sit besides me, letting him rest his head on my other thigh, smiling when he licked at Steve's nose as the cub dosed off. I scratched just between his eyebrows and he looked up at me lovingly. I smiled, "I'm flattered."

"You should be."

I glanced up and playfully smack Tommy on the head, "Oh, shut it, you."

He grinned, "No, you."

I rolled my eyes, going back to petting the animals. Welp, looks like I'm stuck here until they move now. At least Tommy will be here to keep me company if they fall asleep.

(A/N)
Yoooo, Part 69 :O