Insomnia

(Y/N)

The wind howled outside and I yawned, staring out the window. I looked down, staring at my hands as they trembled with exhaustion. I really need sleep.

     Hmm. My throat is kind of dry. I think I'll go downstairs to drink some water. Techno has this cool thing that dispenses water when you push a button, it's really cool.

    I stood, leaning on the wall because of the pain from the burn on my leg I'd received earlier today. Or was it yesterday? I'm not really sure. The blizzard outside is really thick so I can't see the moon. Not to mention I wasn't counting the hours because I was distracted. Tommy and I played this game called 20 questions. It was pretty fun.

    Something bumped my leg and I almost giggled.

    "Hi, Aster," I whispered. Technoblade and Phil let them inside for the night because of the blizzard. Even he had to admit the animals wouldn't be safe out there. "Why are you awake?"

    He reared up onto his hind legs, placing his front paws on my good leg to stabilize himself, letting out a small bark. He placed his mouth around my hand, urging me back down.

    "No, Aster. I need water. Me thirsty."

    He whimpered, tugging on my hand more.

    "No. Go cuddle Tommy." I gently urged him away. "Just don't wake him up."

    He seemed to sigh, can dogs sigh? and walked off, hopping onto the bed on the other side of the room, wiggling into Tommy's arms. The blonde let out a small mumble, snuggling the puppy closer. Aww, they're getting along so well.

    I turned, moving toward the door, moving into the hallway. Shit, without the carpet under my feet it's really cold. Oh well, I won't be out here for long. I limped down the stairs, making my way to the kitchen. There was a figure seated at the dining table. A soft purple glow emanating from the sword he held.

    "Phil?" called Techno. His voice was hoarse, though. He was probably not using it for the past fee hours.

    "Um, no. It's (Y/N). Sorry, I came down to get a drink."

    I could see his dark silhouette nod. "I see. Here, sit down." He motioned to the seat in front of him. "Phil said you'd hurt your leg today. I'll get you the drink. Water okay?"

    I blinked, "Uh, yeah. Sounds good." I sat down in the seat he'd motioned to, my eyes already adjusted to the light. "Thank you."

    After a moment he came back, placing a large glass of water in front of me, it sounding a pleasant 'clink' against the table.

    "So, can't sleep?"

    I took a sip, relishing the feel of it trailing down my throat. "Yeah."

    "Tommy snore too loud?"

    I chuckled quietly, "No, it's not him."

    "Personal reasons, then?"

    I hummed. I don't want another nightmare. They're scary. Besides, if it really caused that growth yesterday sleep is something I'm willing to sacrifice. "Yeah, you could say that." I hesitated. "You?"

    "Oh. I... got some letters from some of Tommy's friends. Phil's going to check it out tomorrow but I didn't want them to surprise attack us in our sleep."

     "Why would you be scared of Tommy's friends?"

    "They aren't too fond of me. I kind of... blew up their nation. Committed a few war crimes. Accused their leader of being a tyrant. Of course, he is a tyrant but whatever."

     Ummm.... "Ah. I... see..."

     He was silent for a long time before, "(Y/N). You and Tommy are friends and I know that. However, if I find out you hurt him... I'm not going to be very... kind to you. Got it? My brother has been through enough."

    Weren't you the one bullying him about getting exiled when he and I came to visit the first time? "Understood."

    He chuckled, "Right. I already gave Tommy my axe... so I can't really give you take one."

    "Wait, you don't need to give me anything-"

    "Tommy wanted the axe to protect you. So, I'll give you something so you can protect him in return. Besides, I cringe at you thinking you can defend anything with an iron sword."

    I blushed in embarrassment. Iron swords aren't so bad. "Alright..."

    He hummed quietly. "Here." He shoved the sword that was sitting in front of him towards me. "Take it. It's name is the Orphan Obliterator and I expect you refer to it as such."

    "I- Techno this is enchanted netherite... I can't take this from you."

    "Yes you can."

     "But... do you have other weapons?"

    "Yeah, I have some stuff. Besides, I can make more. It ain't that hard."

     "I... alright. Thank you. So much." I grabbed the hilt of the weapon, expertly holding it in front of me. It actually felt perfect. Somehow lighter than my previous sword. I trailed a finger over the blade, receiving a cut. "Amazing."

    "(Y/N). Tommy told me about you. You fought Dream, right?"

    "Um, yeah. It was just a fist fight, though."

    "Still, it means you're capable. Probably stronger than most people. I want you to protect my brother and, if you can, watch out for Steve and Aster."

    Woah, did he just call me strong and capable?! "Of course," pride radiated off of me.

     "Alright." He stood. "I'm off to bed, then. I recommend you do too. It's best to rest while you can."

    I nodded slowly, "Yeah, alright. I will once I finish my water."

    "Okay. G'night."

    "'Night."

     I smiled, glancing down at the sword. How generous of him.