Shells and Strings

(Y/N)

I smiled to myself as I walked down to Logstedshire with Aster trailing by my side. I hummed a random soft tune and let the gentle breeze stir my (h/c) hair around. Aster barked and chased some butterflies as they tried to escape his jaws. I giggled and watched. As we neared the Nether portal Aster walked closer to me and whimpered. I smiled gently and leaned down, picking up the still small puppy.

"There, there. It's alright, Aster. No one's going to-"

The portal hissed quietly and a fox-looking person hopped out. He fixed his black cap that sat over his orange ears and glanced up to me.

"You're not Tommy." He said, tilting his head and fixing his jacket so it sat better on his frame.

"No. I'm not," I said. Turning my body to protect Aster better.

He chuckled, "Don't worry. I won't hurt you. I just came to check up on Tommy. Do you... know him?"

I smiled and nodded wearily. "Yes, he lives in Logstedshire. I'm actually about to visit him. You can come with if you'd like."

His tail swung to the side as he grinned, "Alright! I'm Fundy by the way. You are?"

"(Y/N). Nice to meet you, Fundy."

"Likewise."

      "So... how do you know Tommy?" I figured it was a relevant question to ask, even though I'm sure he's know the boy longer.

      "Oh, my... dad and him started a revolution," Fundy said nonchalantly. "We're kind of related in a way."

     "Oh. Cool." I smiled, "As Tommy would say, 'pogchamp'" Yes, Tommy has been teaching me some cool new words. Pog was one of the first ones and I felt comfortable enough to use it now.

       Fundy chuckled, "Wow. It's very Tommy of him to teach you that." I smiled and nodded my head. There was a short pause before Fundy spoke up, "How do you know Tommy?"

       "We bumped into each other when I went though his portal," I said, motioning towards the Nether portal which now glowed softy in the distance.

       "Oh. Cool. And, who's this little guy?"

       I glanced down to where Fundy was looking and saw Aster staring at him with large amber eyes. I giggled, "This here is Aster. Say 'hi', boy."

      Aster glanced at me and hesitantly barked at Fundy earning a laugh from the fox.

       "I don't see many wolves around where I'm from. It's pretty developed and the animals kind of fled off."

        "Oh, that sucks. You guys must have a lot of farms then."

     "Yeah. We tend to just eat random foods we find in chests though," he chuckled when I gave him a look. "It's not the safest way to get food, I'll admit."

      "I mean that explains why Tommy's not the best chef," I joked.

       "Hey! I can cook perfectly fine."

       I perked up when I heard my friend's voice. "Tommy! Hey! How are you?"

       "Oh, I'm alright I guess... Hey, Fundy."

       "Hi there, Tommy. How have you been?"

       Tommy glanced at me before shrugging, "Better than I though." He glared at the fox. "No thanks to you."

       "Hey, Tommy, listen. If I could've I would've come to see you earlier."

       "Save it. I don't care for your excuses." Tommy sighed. "I guess you've met (Y/N)?"

      Fundy winced slightly but nodded, "Yeah, they're pretty chill. You taught them 'pog'?"

       "Yeah. Oh! (Y/N) I have to show you something. Fundy, wait here, we'll be right back." Tommy smiled suddenly when he remembered whatever it was and reached to grab my hand, only to see I was holding Aster. He shrugged and motioned for me to follow. "You may want to put Big A down though."

       "Big A?" I questioned as I followed him towards his tent.

       "Yeah, Aster. Big A."

      "Oh. I guess that could be his nickname," I giggled out, placing the wolf down once we reached Tnret.

       Tommy smirked, "Wait here."

       I nodded my head and stood outside, rolling on my heels.

       It took him merely a second before popping back out, holding up a long string with various sparkling shells dangling from it. "I made you this necklace! My brother taught me how to make them and I wanted to give you one."

      I stared at the mesmerizing colors that shifted under the sun. No doubt some of the pieces were taken from the shells of Abalone. The edges weren't sharp either, as if he went in and meticulously filed each piece down so that it wouldn't cut my skin.

      "Do... you like it?"

      I smiled brightly, "Yes, you idiot. Of course I do! Thank you so much." I pulled my hair out of the way of my neck and smiled bashfully. "Do you mind putting it on me? I'm no good at tying knots when I can't see."

      Tommy nodded and smiled, moving behind me and tying a strong knot once it hung loosely around my (s/c) neck. "There you go. It looks better on you than I thought it would."

      I touched the shards gently and smiled, "Thank you so much."

       "No problem. I'm just happy you seem to like it." He glanced away and chuckled, "We should probably get back, don't want to keep Fundy waiting."

      I nodded my head and followed him back, fiddling with the new accessory the whole while.