17

"Thank you for breakfast, Helen," Vega smiled as she helped clear the table.

"Of course, sweet heart," Helen said, beginning on the dishes.

"Vega!" Colin said and ran into the kitchen, grabbing her arm and tugging her out of the room.

"Colin!" Vega laughed as he ran with her into her bedroom. He grabbed a box from on her bed.

"Here, open mine first," he said, handing her the small box. Vega sat on her bed and folded her legs, lifting the lid. There was a beautiful necklace sitting perfectly inside the box, and Vega gasped in shock. "It's the Lyra Constellation," Colin said as Vega lifted it from the box. It caught the light and sparkled beautifully.

"I was reading up on astronomy. Did you know that Vega is the fifth brightest star in the sky?" Colin said and Vega laughed as tears gathered in her eyes. He helped her fasten the chain around her neck and she ran to her mirror, tracing her fingers over her gift delicately.

"Thank you!" Vega exclaimed as she jumped on the boy, hugging him tightly. She had never received such a gift, and it was truly beautiful. "Okay, okay, okay, time for your gift!" She grabbed him by the hand and pulled him to the living room, where the rest of the family was sitting.

"What's this?" Colin said, looking confused.

"This gift is from me, but your mom and dad helped out," Vega said, bouncing up and down on her feet excitedly. "Okay, close your eyes and sit here," Vega said and directed him onto the couch. She ran to the laundry room and smiled upon opening the door, seeing a grey cat curled up in the corner of the room.

"Come here," she said gently and scooped up the young cat, petting its head as she headed back to the living room. Colin was still sitting there with his eyes closed. "Okay, here we go," Vega said and placed the cat on his lap. Colin's eyes flew open and he looked to Vega in shock.

"Is this mine?" he nearly shrieked, petting it softly.

"Yes!" Vega giggled, looking to Helen and Henry as they all took delight in Colin's pure joy. "You can bring her with you back to Hogwarts!" Vega could tell the thought hadn't occurred to him as his face lit up in a whole different kind of joy.

Well, what are you going to name her?" Helen asked and Colin thought about it for a minute, petting the feline that was already purring loudly.

"Her name is gonna be Bean," Colin said proudly and Vega laughed, reaching over to pet Bean.

"Bean it is, then," she said, sitting down next to Colin(and Bean).

The rest of the day was spent just being together. They played with Bean, prepared dinner, and had an overall amazing time being a family. After an early dinner, Vega and Helen wrapped Pavo up in her jacket and hat. She noticed Dennis standing there dejectedly.

"We'll be back tomorrow morning," Vega said as she pulled her hat over her frizzy hair, looking towards a pouting Dennis. "Come on, Denny, it's only one day, okay? I'll see you tomorrow," she attempted to console the sulking boy.

Vega sighed and placed Pavo on the floor gently, staying bent down. "Come here," she beckoned and Dennis walked over dramatically. The girl gathered him in a tight hug, rubbing his back soothingly.

"We will be back tomorrow, okay? I promise." She said and looked into Dennis's eyes.

"Okay," he agreed and Vega ruffled his hair lovingly.

"I'll see you later kiddo," she said, lifting Pavo into her arms. "Bye, guys, see you later!"

The three set out on their not-so-treacherous journey to the train station. It was about two hours to get to Grandmother's cottage.

"Alright, Pavo, do you want to hear a story?" Vega asked her little sister, who was nestled comfortably between the two of them. Pavo smiled at her and she took that as a yes.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess," Colin started before Vega could. She stuck her tongue out at him for starting a story. "She was the nicest princess the kingdom had ever seen. But the Queen was a horrible woman. She was mean to the princess for no good reason at all. The princess tried to do everything right, but the Queen was still always angry." Colin met Vega's eyes as he continued on with the story. Pavo seemed to be listening attentively. Vega wondered if Pavo knew she was listening to her big sister's story.

Vega lifted a sleeping Pavo into her arms as she wrapped her up in her coat, getting ready to exit the train car. Colin got ready as well and he slid open the door for the two sisters to go first. The snow crunched under their boots as they stepped onto the platform, stretching after their multiple hour train ride.

"Miss Vega," came a deep voice and they all turned to the side to see a well-trimmed man in a thick suit standing expectantly on the platform near them.

"Lawrence!" Vega exclaimed upon taking in the sight of him. He laughed joyfully as she was pulled into a sweet hug. He smelled comfortingly of firewood and mint, the way he always had. He gave a little pat to sleeping Pavo's head lovingly, having grown quite fond of the little one.

"Mr. Colin, it's a pleasure to see you again," Lawrence said and pulled the boy into a hug of his own. "Well, we should keep on, we mustn't stray from schedule!" he announced, ushering them forward.

"Wow," Colin breathed as they came to a stop in front of a carriage pulled by two horses. The carriage was intricate, nearly looking like something out of a fairytale. Golden pieces twirled and twisted around into each other, forming a large, fancy 'D' on the back. The horses were white as snow with a tiny bit of grey speckling towards their feet.

"Hello, Peia," Vega pet one of the horses lovingly, than the other, "and hello, Mabel."

"This is beautiful," Colin said, still in awe.

"Grandmother always had a flair for dramatics," Vega laughed. Lawrence helped them inside and Pavo was gently laid across both of the passenger's laps.

The carriage ride was fairly short, and the stunning scenery blanketed in white snow passed by too quickly. One of the horses neighed as the slowed to a stop, and Lawrence came and opened the door, holding out his hand expectantly for Vega to take it.

"Welcome to Delacour Manor."

-

Hello my little loves! I'm sorry if there are any typos in this it's literally 4:11am and i don't know why i'm still awake! anyways enjoy this chapter i am so tired but i love you all so much i'm sorry i'm so shit at updating i hope you all still love me and like this story. i was like homeless for a minute and things were kinda bad but now i have an apartment and work 40 hours a week 🥲jesus. okay goodnight bye!

As always,

Have a wonderful day!
Love, Hannah <3