03

"Delacour, Vega!"

Veelas aren't completely strange to witches and wizards alike; likewise, the Delacour family was well known for their Veela ways, so it was no surprise that when Vega's name was called, every eye was averted, every breath held, and all fingers crossed.

Vega walked forward, keeping her hood on her head.

"Ahem." Professor McGonagall cleared her throat and Vega put her hood down reluctantly, trying to hide her face with her hair. She hopped up onto the stool and the hat was placed on her head, covering her eyes.

"Ah, a Delacour! I've been waiting for one of you for a long time. You're very loyal, but Hufflepuff isn't for you. You're smart and sly, but Slytherin is not for you either. You are extremely smart, but Ravenclaw isn't quite the right choice. Which means, you belong in GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindor table let out the loudest cheer that had ever been heard. Vega hopped off the stool and walked three steps in front of her. Closing her eyes, she concentrated on her mother. Every thing she had ever done.

When she opened them again, she saw fire in her hands. Vega smiled and thought about Colin. That definitely calmed her down and she curtsied. Cheers and whoops were very audible as she walked over to where Colin was sitting.

"That was quite impressive." Colin said. Vega flashed him a grin and they listened through all the other names until Ginny's was called.

"Weasley, Ginny!" to no surprise, Ginny was a Gryffindor. She came and sat next Vega and they started talking until a name was called that sparked the trio's attention.

"Zode, Octavia!" a girl with bright blue hair hopped onto the stool with ease as if everything she's ever done was more difficult. She was sorted into Gryffindor and she sat at the very end of the table, away from everyone else. Vega and Ginny shared a look before Ginny got up and walked over to her. They shared a few words before they both came back. Octavia sat next to Ginny.

"Hey, I'm Vega!" Vega said eagerly. Octavia smiled.

"Octavia, but you probably already knew that."

"Hey, don't forget about me! I'm Colin, nice to meet you." Octavia smiled again.

"We'll call you Via!" Vega said, nodding her approval as the words left her mouth.

"We'll call you Vegs!" Ginny butted in.

"We'll call you Gin!" Octavia said.

"And we'll call you Collie!" Vega said to Colin and Octavia's hair turned bright pink.

"I have a Collie! Her name is Brit and she's my best friend." Octavia squealed and she began talking about her dog.

"Hey, I'm a pureblood, what about you guys?" Ginny said.

"I'm a Muggleborn! My dad is a milkman." Colin said proudly.

Vega smiled and rested her chin on her hand. "I'm pure, and one hundred percent Veela."

"I'm half," Octavia said, "my dad is a Muggle and my mom left when I was a baby."

"I don't know my dad." Vega said, looking down at the table. Tears pooled in her eyes as her mind raced with thoughts about her mother and father. Her mother hated her, if she had known her father, would he have hated her too?

"Hey, it's okay, we can share all share a dad!" Colin exclaimed, trying to lighten the mood. Vega blinked her tears back.

"My dad too. You guys can have mine and Colin's, and we'll pretend Via's dad doesn't exist!" Ginny clapped her hands together as if it was the perfect plan.

I wish." Octavia mumbled, barely audible.

"What?" Vega asked, confused.

"Nothing!" Octavia said quickly and changed the subject. "Look at all this food! Yum!" She piled some potatoes onto her plate and quickly stuffed her mouth. Vega shook her head but didn't press the matter, fearing she might make it worse. Putting some carrots on her plate, she initiated conversation once again.

"So, do you guys have any siblings?"

"I have an older sister named Arlissa, she's a Muggle though." Octavia said, stabbing her potatoes.

"I have a little brother named Dennis!" Colin exclaimed. Ginny sighed.

"I have six older brothers." Ginny said. Vega accidentally spit out her pumpkin juice.

"What the heck?! Six?!"

"Yeah, there's three at this table right now. There's Fred, George, and Percy." She pointed out three similar looking red headed boys. Two of them were twins and they looked to be very close.

"Your poor mother!" Vega exclaimed. "How on earth does she deal with all those boys?"

"My mother is a very vigilant person." Ginny stated plainly. They all burst out laughing.

~

"Goodnight, Via. Night, Gin." Vega said, closing her eyes. Boy, what a day she had. Come to think of it, her problem barely affected it at all. Maybe she could work around it after all.

-

I KNOW, I'M AWFUL AT UPDATING! I'M SORRY, I WROTE A WHOLE CHAPTER BUT ONLY A PARAGRAPH WAS THERE WHEN I WENT TO PUBLISH IT TODAY. DON'T SPEAR ME, I'M REALLY WORKING HARD ON THIS BOOK AND RESEARCHING A LOT OF THINGS TOO.

I LOVE YOU ALL <3

Have a wonderful day!
Love, Hannah <3