Chapter 22: Feelings Unlocked

Dahyun's POV

"So, how's your painting?" Chaeyoung asked as she sat down beside me.

"Well...I'm half-way through it, something important came up last night so I was not able to finish it." I lied. I'm not even done yet with the outlines when those bastards barged in. Also, I had completely forgotten about it. Who wouldn't though, after being threatened by mad vampires? The painting was my least priority and I stayed at Momo's last night and probably in the next few weeks. I need extra clothes. Should I drop by at the mansion to get some? I also need to retrieve my canvas and art mats. I could only sigh thinking about the hassle they caused.

"I just finished mine last night." She said as she yawned. Dark circles are quite visible around her eyes; she probably stayed up late last night just to finish it.

"Good for you." I shortly answered.

"The J-line and Tzuyu spent their dinner last night at home."

"Oh, really?!" I blurted out acting surprised as if I have no idea about it. I also pouted to make her believe that I'm sulking since she did not invite me. I'm really good at this. I smiled internally.

"I'm sorry, it was sudden. I'll invite you over next time." She reassured with a smile. I could feel that she's somehow guilty for not inviting me.

I just nodded and returned a cheeky smile.

"Your smile is creeping me out." She suddenly said while shivering.

Oh, did I exaggerate it?

"By the way, they were also acting weird yesterday. I met a girl in the art shop...Actually, I already met her in the park last Saturday but I felt like I met her before since she's kind of familiar but I was wrong. They were claiming that the girl was a bad person or something close to that. They were being overly protective all of a sudden telling me that the crime rate has increased in the area and I should not talk to strangers, treating me like a kid and calling me a baby. Psh. As if I can't even protect myself. They didn't even know the girl and they judged her just like that." She said without a pause then let out a deep sigh.

I just giggled at her. If only you knew, Chaeyoung, "What's the name of the girl?"

"I didn't get the chance to know her name as she suddenly disappeared when Tzuyu and Mina unnie arrived." She shrugged then leaned comfortably on her chair.

"Oh, that's weird. She must be a bad person then." I said, of course, I need to support what they have started. It's for Chaeyoung's safety anyway.

She shook her head in disbelief with her scrunched nose. "Don't tell me you're supporting them?"

"Well, it would be best to be careful. We wouldn't know when danger is coming."

She was about to say something when our professor entered the classroom.