Chapter 1: Lucifer's Daughter

Everyone in the town is invited to celebrate the 18th birthday of Myoui Mina -- the only daughter of the owner of Morning Star School of Fine Arts. Students living outside the town are also invited to attend the party. The Myoui mansion's huge garden is filled with laugher and loud chattering of the students.

By looking at the garden alone, you can promptly tell that the owner is really wealthy. Located at the center is an eighteen-foot fountain designed with two mermaids, each holding a delicate vase where the water pours out. The detailed carvings are enthralling that it would make you think that the two mermaid statues are alive. The light display in the pouring water showing luminous colors add a dramatic effect to the scene.

A few meters away from the fountain, two gigantic speakers positioned adjacent to each other. The DJ plays party songs that make the students hyped. They became even wilder as the music changed to "I Don't Care I Love It by Icona Pop."

Not far away from the mansion, two pairs of eyes are watching the happy scenario. The two extraordinary beings wearing white cloaks are standing on the rooftop of a tall building. One of them is smiling, showing her bunny teeth as she witnesses the students partying like there's no tomorrow.

"We need to get her before they get the chance to catch her first." Nayeon turned her gaze to the angel beside her.

"We all know that this day will come. Lucifer's daughter will finally realize who she really is. Poor Mina." Nayeon's smile faded and a worried expression can be seen on her face.

Jeongyeon is correct. They had been secretly watching over Mina the day she was born. They have witnessed how sweet and kind she had become -- growing into a fine young woman. Their only wish is for her to live a simple life though they already knew her fate. The only way to save her is to protect her from losing herself to the evil side.

"I'm scared for her." Nayeon said, holding back her tears.

Jeongyeon held her hand and squeezed it lightly. "Let's do our best to save her." She said while smiling. She admits that she's also afraid but still believes that they can still save Mina.

Both of them turned their gazes at their back when they felt a strong presence.

"God Jihyo!" They both blurted out.

The extraordinary being carefully approached, making sure that no one's watching them. Her wings folded automatically as she landed on the cement floor.

"It's already 11 in the evening. Only one hour left. Stay alert and watch out for any suspicious people. I can feel a dark aura here." She said to the two angels in front of her.

The two nodded and nervously roamed their eyes in the surrounding. Among the three of them, Jihyo is the most powerful. Being the leader of the troop, it is her obligation to encourage the two -- not letting them lose hope.

Until now, it is still a mystery why they were assigned to be the protectors of Lucifer's daughter. She indeed looks so pure and innocent in her human form but she's still a demon. Lucifer's blood is running through her veins. They could have just killed her the day she was born but the Almighty appointed them to watch over Mina.

"What a beautiful sight!" Nayeon almost had a heart attack by that sudden exclamation by the newcomer who is sitting on the edge of the rooftop. She's watching the students merrily waddling her feet.

Hearing that familiar voice, Jeongyeon snorted.

"What are you doing here, Dahyun?" Jihyo turned to the white girl with a questioning look.

"Nothing." She just shrugged.

"I want to see what will happen later." She added while smiling showing her sharp fang.