Chapter 14: Face-Off

Chaeyoung's POV

I've never been this excited going to school. Well, I'm always eager to study since I got my dream course but just thinking of seeing Mina unnie again makes me more excited. We're not classmates nor in the same department but eating lunch with her with the others is enough to make my day.

Boyfriend by Justin Bieber suddenly played in the background when the previous song ended. Of course, being a Believer, I could not help myself to sing along especially the chorus part. I got this habit of listening to music whenever I drive. 'No Music, No Life' I know it is cliché but driving without playing a song bores me to death. So yeah, No Music No Life. Period.

If I was your girlfriend, I'd never let you go
Keep you on my arm girl, you'd never be alone
I can be a gentlewoman, anything you want
If I was your girlfriend, I'd never let you go, I'd never let you go

I purposely changed the lyrics since I'm a girl. Yes, if I was Mina's girlfriend, I'd never let her go. My lips formed a wide smile as I dream of being her lover. My smile turned into a chuckle after remembering my confession. Though it was disappointing, it was undeniably cute seeing my sleeping beauty penguin.

I got out as soon as I parked my car and walked towards the Visual Arts building when someone who I didn't expect to see again appeared in front of me.

"Tzu-Tzuyu." My feet automatically stopped and my whole body froze.

"Chaeyoung." I don't remember when was the last time I heard that familiar voice. It was the voice that I never got tired of listening to. A few seconds later, I felt the familiar arms wrapped around me. The arms that kept me warm in my coldest days. She's saying something but I could not hear it as I'm too drowned in my own thoughts. Am I dreaming? What is happening?

She released the hug to face me. She wiped my tears away with her gentle hand. I didn't realize I was already crying.

I could not believe that she's really in front of me. "I'm sorry for leaving you." That was the first sentence she voiced out. I can see her eyes start to glisten as she refrains her tears. She's still the same; always showing her strong side when deep inside, she's really soft.

I feel like my tongue left me because I could not utter even a single word or sound. My world became silent and the only sound I can hear is her voice.

"I will never leave you again." She hugged me again but this time it's even tighter; getting tighter and tighter until it started to suffocate me. "Tzu-Tzuyu...I...can't...breathe." I tried to push her but it's no use; she's so strong. I grunt in pain as I struggle.

"You and I will be together forever." She said sternly then opened her mouth revealing sharp fangs.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!" I screamed as I felt those fangs digging into my neck. I felt so weak as she sucks my blood.

"NOOO!" I heard a familiar voice coming from afar. That's the loudest sound I heard from her; the person who makes my heart flutter. Mina unnie.

My world started to spin around and was sure that I would pass out at any moment. She punched Tzuyu so hard that she flew in the air. She caught me before I hit the ground. "Cha-Chaeyoung-ah!" She held me so close which made me feel her warm breath on my face. I tried my best to keep my eyes wide open just to see this beauty up-close. What happened next shocked me, her angelic face turned into a nightmare; she transformed into a demon and kissed me.

I gasped for air as I open my eyes. I abruptly sat up and found myself bathing in sweat and panting heavily. What was that? It felt so real. I immediately touched my neck expecting a wound but felt relieved as I felt nothing. I touched my lips as well remembering Mina unnie's kiss. No, it was a demon. That's not her! What a weird nightmare.