Chapter 7: Truth Be Told

Mina's POV

"I'm hungry! Let's go!" Momo and Sana rose from their seats. I'm still putting my stuff in my bag.

"Dahyun texted me. She's inviting us to join them at lunch." Momo said then slip her phone in the back pocket of her jeans.

"You go ahead, girls. I'm going to visit Jihyo unnie at the clinic, and maybe eat lunch with her." I said as I stood up making my way outside our classroom. I felt someone grabbed my wrist, it was Sana.

"You're acting strangely for the past two weeks. Is there something bothering you?" Sana asked with a baffled expression.

"I'm fine." I replied without meeting their eyes.

"Are you sick? Why are you visiting Jihyo unnie?" Momo asked then placed the back of her hand on my forehead. "Oh, your temperature is normal."

I sighed deeply and averted my gaze to the blackboard with important notes scribbled by our professor. I did not understand anything since my mind was off somewhere.

"We know you, Minari. Is there something that you want to tell us? Is it Sharon?" Sana loosens her grip on my wrist.

"It's always me." Sharon commented. "Could not blame them though. I almost killed that werewolf who resembles a Shiba Inu dog."

I was about to answer them when someone disrupted us.

"Wazzup gay fuckers!" It was Jeongyeon unnie. She earned a slap on the arm by Nayeon unnie. "Watch your dirty mouth, Jeongyeon. Have you forgotten your origin? I think you need holy water as your mouth wash." She chided and glared at the former who just chuckled at her.

These two unnies are always like that; bickering at each other like cat and dog. "We came to fetch you. We missed eating with you." Nayeon unnie walked closer.

"Yeah, let's go for lunch. Our nurse Jihyo will join us." Jeongyeon added.

My two best friends looked at me. "Oh, great timing. Mina is about to visit her now." Sana said with hands clasped.

"Wae? Are you sick?" Nayeon asked with worried eyes. She walked closer and hugged me. "Is our baby penguin not feeling well?"

"Speaking of the angel, she's here." Said Jeongyeon unnie. All eyes turned to the door to see Jihyo unnie, looking at us, confusion written all over her face. "What's going on here?"

"Our Minari is not feeling well." Nayeon unnie answered.

"They are so worried about you. You're lucky to have loving friends." Sharon commented.

Mina: Should I tell them what happened?

Sharon: Well, it's up to you.

Mina: It's all your fault anyway. I'm too embarrassed to face her now because of what you did.

She chuckled before responding.

Sharon: The blame is on me again. Stop avoiding Chaeyoung, you're just making things complicated. I know you want to kiss her that night.

Mina: Argh! I hate you!

She just laughed and did not reply.

It has been two weeks after that 'date' and I've been avoiding her since then. I don't know how to face her. She also sent me messages which I left unread.

I did not notice that Jihyo unnie is already beside me. "Earth to Mina." She said as she snapped a finger on my face.

"Oh, sorry. I'm actually fine. I think I'm just hungry." I replied mindlessly.