||38||

We arrived back at Nekoma and said goodbye, I left with my dad who'd come to pick me up on his way home from work.

"So? How was it? Did you have fun?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, "it was actually surprisingly fun considering I don't know a thing about volleyball."

"Well I'm glad," he smiled as my phone pinged, "now who could possibly be texting you at a time like this, hm?"

Good question.

I opened my phone and smiled when I saw the name.

Huh?

Huh?

What's with the heart..?!

"So? Who was it? You look pretty happy," dad asked, nudging me in a teasing manner once he'd stopped at a red light.

"Uh-- no one," I quickly turned my phone off I tried to wipe the stupid smile off my face.

"No one means it's someone," dad replied, "you forget I was a teenager once before too."

"Really? I thought one day you just poofed into existence," I rolled my eyes as he let out a low chuckle and began driving again.

"So? When did you get a boyfriend?" he asked.

"I haven't got a boyfriend!" I exclaimed frantically, "where'd you get that idea from?"

"That reaction tells me that although he may not be your boyfriend, he definitely is your crush~" he laughed lightly as he purposely teased me, "Aw my daughters growing up~"

"Stop it, dad," I whined, looking out the window as I tried to block out his words.

°🌊°
Saturday_

"Hey, y/n," Haru walked in my room, his hair and pyjamas dishevelled, a small tired yawn coming from his mouth, "there's someone in the living room for you."

"What?" I rolled over in my bed and shot him a tired look, "tell them to go away. I'm tired."

"But it's that guy," he said, stretching as he spoke, "you know, rooster head."

Rooster head..?

Who..?

Oh!

"Wait-- what time is it?" I turned and looked at the clock on my bedside table and almost fell out of my bed, "when did it become 11am?!"

I swear it was only 8am like three seconds ago! What the heck?!

Throwing myself out of my bed, I rushed to the top of the stairs and looked down to see Tetsuro sat on the sofa. He looked up and stared at me in surprise.

"I'm sorry! I slept in! Give me a few minutes will you?" I called down to him, he just smiled.

"Take your time. We're in no hurry," he told me.

"Thanks," I shot him a smile and then went back to my room.

I quickly showered, dried off my hair and got dressed in a simple f/c blouse and some jeans.

I know we're going on a date and all but that doesn't mean I'm going to wear a dress to a theme park, don't judge me.

Walking down the stairs, I see Sosuke glaring Tetsuro down from the kitchen while Tetsuro just sat stiffly on the sofa, trying to ignoring the burning gaze in the back of his head.

"Uh-- what happened here?" I asked as I reached where Tetsuro was.

"I was just giving Kuroo here a friendly word of advice," Sosuke smiled at me sweetly.

For some reason I don't think whatever you said was sweet or advice.

"U-um... Are you ready to go?" Tetsuro asked, shooting up, I nodded and watched as he turned and stiffly bowed to Sosuke and then lead the two of us out of the apartment and into the lift.

Once we were out, Tetsuro let out a breath of relief.

"Your brother is probably one of the most terrifying people I've ever met," he said.

"He's not that scary," I laughed lightly at his words, "he's just... how do I put it? Protective? Yeah, that's probably the right word for it."

"Yeah well it's terrifying," he grumbled.

I smiled and shook my head as the doors of the lift opened. I came face to face with someone I didn't expect.

"Mother?" I greeted her confused, "aren't you working all day today?"

"Hm? Oh y/n," my mum smiled at me before noticing Tetsuro, "hm? Who is this?"

"Oh. This is my--"

"Date," Tetsuro cut in, "Hello, ma'am, its a pleasure to meet you. I wish I was dressed a bit better but what can you do. My name is Tetsuro Kuroo."

"Oh? Date?" she shot me a curious look, "I didn't know if you were capable of thinking of anything other than swimming, dear y/n."

"Well be surprised," I sighed as we stepped out the lift.

"Well anyway, its nice to meet you, Kuroo, I'm m/n l/n, you can just call me m/n," my mother introduced herself to Tetsuro, the pair shook hands and my mum smiled at him, "where are you taking my daughter?"

"To the theme park on the edge of the city if that isn't an issue," he replied awkwardly.

"That sounds like fun. Don't come home too late today, y/n," mum turned her attention to me and patted my arm before stepping into the lift, "Oh and, I'll make sure to keep Sosuke and Haru out of your way."

"Thank you," I smiled and waited for the lift doors to close before letting out a sigh, "well that wasn't the most awkward interaction I've seen you have in my life at all."

"I didn't expect to meet your mother. My brain just switched off and my mouth said whatever it wanted to," Tetsuro groaned before dropping his head onto my shoulder, "I didn't make a fool of myself did I?"

"Uh... No," I shook my head, "at least I don't think so. But you were brutally honest with the date thing."

"Aw no. You should never say that when you're meeting your dates family for the first time!" Tetsuro exclaimed before shaking his head and shooting me a determined look, "well... Either way, it's happened and I can't change that. Right now, my priority isn't your mother's thoughts of me but making sure that you don't regret going on a date with me."

I took his hand and smiled up at him.

"Well then, we best leave now, right?" I said, he nodded and squeezed my hand before pulling me along behind him.

"I'm so excited. You're going to have so much fun, I promise," he shot me a grin.

I'm sure I will.