||65||

Just a reminder the f/n in here is father's name (because apparently I didn't give the parents actual names in this story)

°🌊°

And so our exams came and passed, we got our exam results and then it was graduation (I can thankfully say we all graduated, or at least everyone important in my life did, one guy I heard of is in a difficult position because he failed his entrance exams to the university he was planning to go to for the past three years), I have to say during this time I didn't see Tetsuro or the girls all that often.

This was purely because studying during exam season and then once the exams were over, dad decided we should go on a holiday of sorts and we ended up staying with one of mums friends who lives in Canada, we returned to Japan literally two days before our graduation ceremony.

Honestly, the only thing I enjoyed while being in Canada was trying out snowboarding for the first time, everything else was either awkward as hell or really boring. Mum said the friend we were staying with was a script writer with some really popular short films and theatre plays so I was expecting her to be somewhat entertaining to be around but... she had a wet blanket personality.

Wonder how mum met her.

It was such a time rush that I only saw everyone again at the ceremony, though I was late to that too because traffic, I told dad I could've just walked but nope, he had to take me, everyone had to be there so we ended up driving there at peak busy road hours.

Now, it's finally the end of the graduation ceremony.

"Y/n!" Mako and Rayla launched themselves at me, Kyoka was following behind them smiling.

"Hey, guys," I greeted them, "long time no see."

"Literally," Mako sighed as she stepped away, "why didn't you call? Or text?"

"I was stuck in the mountains. Service sucked," I answered with a groan, "I sent so many messages but they just would not send. So I gave up after a few days. Sorry about that."

"You were in Canada, right?" Kyoka asked, "was it fun?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "at some times. Most of the time I was just in the small town like a half hour walk from where we were staying purely because I didn't want to be stuck in that house. It was just extremely awkward."

"Oh," they all glanced to each other awkwardly as they sensed how annoyed I was with the situation I was previously stuck in.

"Eh it doesn't matter now. Though I still think we should've gone to my uncle in New Zealand," I let out a small laugh to try and relieve the awkwardness.

"Oh yeah, you said you had an uncle in New Zealand, are you going to visit him this summer?" Mako asked, "you said you wanted to last year didn't you?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "I haven't seen him since we left Australia so I want to visit before I go to Australia again for university."

The three went silent again.

"You're actually going to Australia?" Rayla asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, "dad is paying for everything so I've got to go through with it. Also both my mum and dad attended so it's kind of a family thing."

"Your brother didn't though," Mako pointed out, "so you don't have to."

"Eh well Sosuke decided to focus purely on his skating career which required him to work somewhere else that wasn't the university so he didn't go," I told them as we walked out the hall, "and I've wanted to attend since I was a kid and for my parents there hasn't been any change in that motion and it's kinda a bit late to say anything now so I'll just do it and come back to Japan once I've finished."